1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acer aspire one power up problems! hlp needed asap pls

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tez90, Jul 5, 2011.

1. tez90

tez90 Regular member

hi, i just got a netbook, its a acer aspire one dg5 aoa150.
    it was all working fine until i shut it down at nite and in the morning it just wudnt power on, the power button comes on for about 3 seconds, 2 leds on the left light up and go off, the fan spins, and no display, and then it powers off completely with a click from inside, i took it aprt and the click sounds like its coming from the cpu i think, no hdd power.
    iv tried the fn+esc with a bios stick to reload the bios in recovery mode as suggested all over the net, and all i get is a flash of the usb it wont go into recovery mode. anybody have any ideas whats up?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is it still under warranty?

3. tez90

tez90 Regular member

nah dont think so, i managed to get it into recovey mode with the power light blinking, but i had to press on the cpu chip, but it still wudnt read from my usb??

4. Platosn22

Platosn22 Member

Mostly likely, the motheboard went on you. Common among acers. Id say just recycle it and buy another. Me personally, never liked netbooks due to their limiations and a pain to repair. I wish you luck though