1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer erecovery failure on laptop

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by epscha, Feb 24, 2007.

1. epscha

epscha Member

Hello,
    I have a new aspire 8240 and i need to change the HD to a new one since the old one is dead. I have copy and paste to an external HD the hidden folder from D: partition which is the erecovery backup folder. How is it possible to place it to my new HD and run the erecovery to restore from this hidden folder?

I have tried copy paste the folder to the new HD at D partition but when i run erecovery, the folder is automaticaly deleted by the erecovery. It seems that erecovery has a backup list somewhere and if the folder don´t mach, it is deleting it.

I need to restore my files since i have no other backup.
    (backup hidden folder is about 17Gb and contains the previus state of my C partition on the old HD)

Thank you.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You can have a look here http://www.gennersales.co.uk/recovery/acer.htm
    but if the HDD has died then any data will have gone with it. As these people want money, and the computer is new I would just demand repare/replacement under warranty as a first course of action..
    I don't like acer machines because of this hidden system partition.. It's old fashioned and a pain in the a**.

edit It seems you are not alone having this problem.. there are no solutions posted. The recovery disks are not available free anywhere (acer want £55 for a set ripoff merchants). Demand your money back!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum