1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acoustic solutions DVD 651

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by andreasa, Feb 2, 2003.

1. andreasa

andreasa Guest

Hi, complete newbie here.
    Bought myself an acoustic solutions DVD 651 and used a hack supplied from the shop to make it region free and enabled play of vcd and svcd. I downloaded and burnt onto cd-r an svcd movie using the latest version of nero. The download was 3 bin files.

Have tried to play the movie on my dvd player but no joy. It loads the cd and it recognises there is a svcd cd in the drive, and when I hit play it immediatelt starts and stops without showing an image on the screen. The mpeg2 file plays fine on my laptop though. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Most probably your DVD standalone is not compatible with either CDR or SVCD. Try VCD on CDR, if that works then you will know that SVCD is not compatible. There is a list of DVD players on a link you will find under the Articles section which could help determine this also.

Paul.

3. andreasa

andreasa Guest

Paul, thanks for the swift response.
    Just pressed the PBC button on my remote and it works fine. Not sure what this button does and there's no explanation in the manual either.
    Any ideas ? Thanks.