1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Replay DS on M3Simply?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by MadDemon, Mar 27, 2007.

1. MadDemon

MadDemon Guest

is it possible? any1 tried it yet? does it work? if not, is there a way to make it work on M3Simply games?

2. jonnymint

jonnymint Member

no it wont currently but im pretty sure there is a hombrew app, called nitroHAX i think.
    goole it somthing will come up.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The M3 DS Simply has built in Action replay support, you have to upgrade to the latest firmware (v1.04 Final), highlight the game and press 'Y'

4. joshont

joshont Regular member

it works great, i have the code for all wild pokemon to be shiny in pokemon diamond, cheats like that makes my M3 worth it

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Nitro Hax will only work with original games not roms.

6. biblin

biblin Member

I updated to 1.04 but when i highlight the pokemon game I don't get the cheat option. It works for some of my other games, is there something else i need to get?

7. 2L84U

2L84U Member

You have to have usrcheat.dat in the _system_ folder. Here's a link to mine, it has a lot of Diamond codes. I haven't tested it yet (waiting to get my M3DSS in the mail), but it should work.

8. 2L84U

2L84U Member

It won't let me edit my previous post, so...

There should be a file in your _system_ folder called CHEAT.DAT. Delete that, and replace it with this one (hyperlinks don't work for some reason?)

http://download.yousendit.com/4562C94B2888FE32

9. biblin

biblin Member

thanks a lot for your help!! If i want to add more codes i will need to d/l that database cheat editor thing right?

10. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

ok ive replaced my cheat.dat with your cheat.dat and i get nothing haha. i go to my list of games i press Y on pokemon pearl but nothing happens, am i doing something wrong? am i supoed to download some program and open your cheat.dat then insert codes or soemthing? so confused help!!! or maybe a guide to what to do would be nice? also i dont know why my post is part of the quote too -_- sorry

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  11. biblin

biblin Member

its probably because these are codes for diamond. I have both pearl and diamond and with his usercheat.dat, it only shows up for diamond.

12. 2L84U

2L84U Member

Pearl and Diamond have the same codes, but they have different GameID's, which is what the M3 uses to differentiate what you can press Y on, and what you can't. Here's a new usrcheat.dat, with the GameID for Pearl. The CHEAT.DAT that I gave you, though, will still work.

http://download.yousendit.com/C996B48941088685

13. 2L84U

2L84U Member

Wow, that's extremely hard to read. Something is wrong with this board's tags. :(

"Pearl and Diamond have the same codes, but they have different GameID's, which is what the M3 uses to differentiate what you can press Y on, and what you can't. Here's a new usrcheat.dat, with the GameID for Pearl. The CHEAT.DAT that I gave you, though, will still work.

http://download.yousendit.com/C996B48941088685"

14. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

What im trying to say is there anyway to input your own codes into games when you press Y in m3 simply? or must you use a program to create some cheat table?

15. MadDemon

MadDemon Guest

No u cant, the only way is to add more codes using the usercheat.dat, and btw u dont create the codes u just add'em from the action replays site.

16. szelei

szelei Member

ya, your cheat file doesnt work, the original one which is included with version 1.4 works though. For example when you use the included one, for every game that has cheats a grey box that says cheats (y) will appear in the lower touch screen, for which then you press it and select your cheats. But your file doesnt show any cheats.

17. 2L84U

2L84U Member

"ya, your cheat file doesnt work, the original one which is included with version 1.4 works though. For example when you use the included one, for every game that has cheats a grey box that says cheats (y) will appear in the lower touch screen, for which then you press it and select your cheats. But your file doesnt show any cheats."

I tested it yesterday, it works fine. You must have done something wrong.

18. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member