1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Activation problem after jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by KennyLeg, Jan 6, 2010.

1. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

i upgraded a friends 2G iphone to 3.1.2 and then used blackra1n. Ive installed apps, changed root password, added music etc with no problems

Im having a problem with the activation and sim. When i put in my own sim it tells me the sim is not supported.
    SO i try to unlock it.

when i enter www.blacksn0w.com in cydia it comes with back with error 2.
    This phone was originally factory unlocked so im thinking maybe this has something to do with not letting me install blacksn0w??

I have already jailbroken my own phone on 3.1 and used blacksn0w to unlock with no problem whatsoever. So im a bit confused.

Im hoping my friends sim will work.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

Ok...just found out this phone was never factory unlocked. It was done by another friend of his so by updating the firmware ive locked it again.

Ok...heres where im at.

Ive got a 2G iphone at 3.1.2 jailbroken. Blacksnow wont install. keeps coming back with an error. So the phone is simlocked.

If i restore to factory settings can i undo the firmware upgrade and jailbreak and maybe start all o over again using a different procedure?

3. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

I've tried bootneuter but the phone is still locked. I got to the flash stage and the phone rebooted but still no service. When I enter bootneuter again it tells me
    "error..couldn't talk to the bootloader. This may be due to a commcenter collision".

Anybody any ideas?

4. thebob360

thebob360 Member

try adding the sinfuliphone repo to cydia they have blacksn0w in it as part of there repo the error your getting is during the connection to the repo for blacksn0w by the sounds of it. the sinful repo is http://www.sinfuliphonerepo.com/ remember the http:// is important

5. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

Thanks bob but am I right in saying that bootneuter is the unlocking tool for 2G phones and not blacksnow?
    I'm nearly ready to start all over again from the start at this stage.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  6. thebob360

thebob360 Member

I dont no i haven't ever used it... When i had my 2g i just used a custom firmware and used blacksn0w... If i were you i would just start over try finding a custom firmware or use blackra1n and use blacksn0w to unlock but that's just me...

7. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

Ok Bob after doing a bit more research...2G iphone doesnt recognise blacksn0w so thats why you have to use Bootneuter.

Ok im sorted now.

Here's what I did:

1.I did a complete restore through iTunes to FW 3.1.2
    2. I ran blackra1n RC3.
    3. I installed Cydia.
    4. from Cydia I installed and ran BootNeuter.

hey presto ! The phone works on Vodafone IRL.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  8. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

itunes is not recognising the phone now....

Any ideas?

9. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

ok...took out my own sim card an it recognises it????

10. Sniper200

Sniper200 Member

HI Kenleg

Do you think blacksn0w via cydia will work for me on this?

HI All I need urgent help in order to sort my iphone out.

I recently got a latest iphone 3gs 32gb 3.1.2

I managed to jailbreak it with blackra1n every was working fine however last night

my O2 signal went off and i cant make calls or send texts when i do it fails instantly.

I have restored my iphone back to basic setting however its still the same NO signal although it say O2 UK theres no signal what so ever on the iphone please help!!!!

Any suggestions Im a novice at this so please help.

11. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

Hi sniper200. Blacksnow is the unlocking tool within blackrain. This will open ur phone to any sim card. You run it after you jailbreak. ( not through cydia).

I've heard of that problem before. I'm not certain but I think it might be a fault of blackrain called tethered jailbreak. The creator of blackrain is working on it. It also happens if u leave ur phone go dead. U need to run blackrain again to sort this as far as I know. Don't think a restore is needed. ( I'm not certain about not having to restore it).
    you'll have to try it and see.

I'm not sure unlocking ur phone will solve this problem. You could try another sim I suppose and see if it happens again.