1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ActiveSync and Mobile Favorite Problem

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by tzevoon, Feb 24, 2005.

1. tzevoon

tzevoon Member

2 problems,
    1) I can't sync over bluetooth. Activesync on my pc only has 2 com ports (1 and 4) available. But my bluetooth serial port is 16. Anyone please help?

2) How do I change the mobile favorite folder to my SD Card? I need more space to store my favorites.

Would appreciate any help..

2. redlevel

redlevel Guest

i had a similar problem. i cant tell you exactly how i solved it but here it is.....you have to set up a virtual serial port on bluetooth then set up a network connection to your pda. mine only worked when i logged my laptop to the pda. not the pda to the laptop. when you set up the virtual port you can give it any number you want. i hope this helps

3. redlevel

redlevel Guest

hey,

i just checked mine and the serial port must only be so you can name another port number. i connect to my pda with the network connection

4. tzevoon

tzevoon Member

Hi..I almost forgotten I have actually posted for this problem last month. Anyway, I've fixed the problem. I couldn't assign my bluetooth serial port to anything higher than 16 because it was all taken up by other devices. So I did some investigation works to see what devices are assigned to what port. I managed to find that my modem (which I never used) was assigned to Com 4. So I disabled my modem and viola! I now can assign Com 4 to my bluetooth! It works just fine now. I don;t need the cradle now. But to sync via bluetooth, u have to start it from your pda. ou have to create a new bluettoth setting/device in your pda for this. If you want, I can email you the pdf file on how to do this. Does this help?
    It's a bit stupid for ActiveSync to allow only Com 1 and 4.
    My other program, FMA (for my mobile phone K700i) allows me to type any Com port for a bluetooth connection.
    But my other problem remains. I still cant save my Favourtie folder to my SD Card. Can u?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  5. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

Anyone know how to synch via IR? My laptop sees the device and can send files to it, but I can't synch. I am stuck using my USB cable until I can fix this IR problem, or get a bluetooth USB adapter (then get it to work).

My bluetooth headset HS850 works fine - which has nothing to do with anything :)

6. tzevoon

tzevoon Member

u have to chnage the settings in your Activesync on yoru PC. Open Activesync and under File > Connection Settigs, select Infrared Port (IR) under Allow serial cable or infrarea connection to this port.
    Then on ur pda, und tools, select connect via IR. it shoudl work.

7. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

That was perfect, thanks! It was set to COM1. I am able to synch with no problem!!

It tried to transfer Betaplayer to my Smartphone, but the phone gave me an error message saying that "file failed - program was not designed for this device". Any chance you know a program similar to Betaplayer, or the correct version?

8. tzevoon

tzevoon Member

sorry..i'm a newbie her an dhave no idea what's the beta..thngy ur were saying..sorry!

9. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

That's OK, it's a movie player for the Smartphone - it plays DIVX movies that are created by PocketDVD.

I gave up on that and learned how to create .wmv files with PocketDVD, which play perfectly on Windows Media Player already installed on the Smartphone.

My IR synch works very well, so if bluetooth keeps giving you problems give your IR port a chance (if you have one).

10. tzevoon

tzevoon Member

oh no worry. my bluetooth is working great. i use it everytime to sync. and i even use it to go online. superb technology!