1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Activesync cannot complete connection through Infrared

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by illyria, Aug 4, 2005.

1. illyria

illyria Member

Hello,

I am using an XDAII, and cannot use the standard cable/cradle connection to sync as the bottom port is damaged. I therefore need to connect via Infrared.

I have installed a USB infrared device on my desktop pc, and I am running activesync 3.8, with the IR enabled in connection settings.

When i run activesync - and click get connected, it searches and says that the IR port is available. However it does not connect to it.

If I go to activesync on my PPC, tap tools, then connect via IR, it begins to work, saying connecting to host, then authenticating user, and then says connecting for a second, before Not Connected appears. Meanwhile on my desktop PC, it triggered activesync to start connecting. It gets stuck there and just says connecting for several minutes before stopping.

Have I missed something obvious? Any thoughts greatly appreciated. IR is my only option to sync!

thanks

2. ppcman

ppcman Guest

3. ppcman

ppcman Guest

I just gave you examples you can probably get them in other places to.

4. illyria

illyria Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I had previously tried in vain to get activesync to work through bluetooth, so believed infrared to be my last hope, but luckily I have managed to get bluetooth working. I performed a hard reset on my ppc and was able to form a partnership, so I can finally sync after 2 months!!