1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

add menu to DVD Folder (Vob files)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by falonga, Mar 13, 2007.

1. falonga

falonga Regular member

hi there, i searched for this and didn't get my answer that i needed so thought i would ask.
    i have a collection of vobs, that i re-authored with DVD-Shrink. and now i want to add a menu to them. including a main menu with a play all option and a link to chapters menu page. just wondering what software i need? and i checked out dvd lab, it seems like it will do what i want but its so confusing. so if i could maybe get a link to a dumbed down guide that'll be cool.

Thanks

2. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

falonga, try RIPit4me1.7.??? or newer. you'll need DVD Decrypter and Shrink.
    cheers!

3. falonga

falonga Regular member

hey thanks for suggestions, but both those programs are for ripping retail DVDs of their protection. I just have a DVD folder on my computer, that i can burn to disc and will play fine. but i want to add a menu to it.

thanks

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Falonga,

Hello and welcome I am a bit confused to narcismo's response to your particular problem as I don't see how his/her suggestion could resolve your issue?

Anyway try using Nero Vision Express it will let you add your own menus and edit. Remember "Nero Vision Express" (the whole word) here is a little guide I put together that will get you going in the right direction NeroVisionExpress Basics

You can download a fully functional Nero to try and see if you like it Here

Cheers

5. falonga

falonga Regular member

hey bbmayo, thanks for your reply.

just to confirm, nero vision express will let me add a menu to VOB files?? excuse my ignorance but i was just under the impression that it was capable of Avi/mpeg.

6. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

sorry, i did'nt see the refrence to reauthoring w/SHRINK in you post. my bad.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It will also do VOBs :)

8. falonga

falonga Regular member

thank you BBmayo!! i cant believe i never thought of using nero ve, but its exactly what i want!! :) just another quick question, is there such a program that can split a vob, in parameters that you pick?
    so say i have a 1 hour vob, and i want to split it into a 20min and 40 min separate two vob files. is that possible? and what programs can do that?
    Thanks

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There are all kinds of proggies out there that will split the VOBs or movie NVE being one of those and Shrink would be another easy way to do this using the cut feature ;-)