1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addicted to Chew....

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Domreis, May 9, 2007.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Hey guys. No I am not addicted to "Chew" I am addicted to gum I said Chew to draw your attention.

So I am trying to cut back. I originally Started chewing orbit whitening gum about a year ago. I stated out at a couple pieces a day. I can say my teeth are very white. Now I am chewing 3 packs a day. At a dollar a pack that is 3 dollars a day. What should I do to break this habit? I am actually starting to loose the taste of mint. I can even drink Listerine with no problem. That tells you how many taste buds I have killed. My Girlfriend friend doesn't have a problem with it because my breath is always fresh but I need to cut back because I am going broke!

2. onya

onya Guest

What more could you ask for? LMAO. Time to do more overtime......or put something else in your mouth ;) that will make the circumstance a little more bearable. Either way, this seems to be a win win situation. You lucky dog you.

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Domreis ... doesn't your jaw hurt? I can't chew gum because I'm too clutzy and keep biting myself LOL!

What if, instead of gum, you replaced it by sucking on some sugar free mint or spearmint life-savers? Its what I did when I quit smoking just to satisfy that oral fixation thing and it worked. I would guess that your gum chewing is just a nervous habit like so many other things. How about keeping a tooth-pic or a bar straw in your mouth .. replace the gum with something else.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You could always go to Sams Club or Costco and buy in bulk to save some money.

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I do buy in bulk from costco. I will try the life savors idea... See how I like it. I will probaly shew them though... LOL!

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yeah, I did that too ... but I stopped chewing them after a while.

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

It will still keep my breath minty fresh... she will like that...

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Just get the sugar-free ones so you don't rot your teeth LOL! They're actually just as good.

9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Yeah... If you remember I started chewing to help my teeth!

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hmm, sugar free gum makes you sh!t a lot. That's if you eat lots, anyway >.<

11. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

hey dom, just start smoking to get rid of the habit XD

12. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

HaHaHa.... But then my Breath won't be minty fresh... ;D So That is out of the question.