1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding a band to v220????

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by scorpiao2, Dec 29, 2004.

1. scorpiao2

scorpiao2 Guest

Please someone help me!!! I need to add a band to the v220,I bought 1 and it does't work.. I need 1900 and 1800!!!!! Does anyone knows how????

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

The phone is already a tri-band phone - GSM 800/1800/1900. Unless you bought it from someone selling them from the trunk of their car or a little vending cart on the side of the street, I would just go back to the store or kiosk and tell them it appears bands 1800 and 1900 are not active and let them 'fix' it.

3. scorpiao2

scorpiao2 Guest

It is triband.. has 900/850/and 1900, but baddly I need 1800.. some phones that I bought, has all 4 of them...Thanks for your coments.. If anything else you could think of??

4. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

As far as I know, this phone is a tri-band phone, not a quad-band phone. My phone is compatible with what I listed previously. Are you in another country or something (other than USA)?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  5. scorpiao2

scorpiao2 Guest

I'm here in the USA, but I'm goin to South America on vacation... I bought another v220 for my wife, and it's quadband.. for some reason, my isn't...

6. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

I guess you need to visit a store or kiosk where you purchased your phones. Maybe they can set it up to match your wife's phone or swap it out. That's good that they are making them quad band.