1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding a hard drive to nokia dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by rainst, Jan 6, 2007.

1. rainst

rainst Member

What do i need to do, to set this up? After setting this up will i beable to record straight to the hard drive with out it being hooked up to a computer?

cheers

2. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

you need to buy a IDE inteface which plugs into the mainboard of the dBox, a IDE hard drive and an image that supports IDE hard drive and yes you can record directly to the hard drive and playback via the Dbox

3. rainst

rainst Member

zappp64 thanks for the quick response.

I am waiting for my Nokia dbox2 avia 600 to arrive. Any idea where I could get a ide interface from?

would you be able to hook me up with a image once I get this ide interface.

Thanks again

4. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

5. rainst

rainst Member

Seems cool so I take it that I can only get the Non removable disk IDE - Interface for the dbox2 from that site?

cheers

6. gaza

gaza Guest

Hi Zappp seems you are an expert so needed some desperate advice i have recentlry bought a dbox2 nokia and am intrested in recording on to the dbox to watch later from the dbox on tv how can i do that with a hard drive?and how will i know that the dbox hasnt already got a hardrive?
    Thnk you

7. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

most dbox sold come without an hard drive/ide interface (unless adveertised with an hard drive) so I havent got myself an IDE interface so cant really say how it is done - again the image would have the option to do this.

if you still want to record from dbox to your PC then check out my pvr section http://netwave.redirectme.net/dbox/pvr

I use this method currently to record the programmes from the dbox.

8. gaza

gaza Guest

PLEASE PLEASE REPLY

9. gaza

gaza Guest

Hi Zappp the image i have got is commando 6 and how will i know the image has a option please guide me when the channel are on their is a sign at the bottom saying record does that mean i have got the ide hardware?

10. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

I dont think Commando 6 has the IDE interface/support - as for the button to record, the way the DBox work is it has an underlying layer for recording to - this can be to an external server or local hard drive (if the image supports it) so the record button will only record to what ever record device you select (be it another server, local hard drive) - thus the record button is common on most images - when you press the record button the dBox, the data is streamed to the device that actually records the video/audio stream.

I think if you go to the settings menu and go to recording option, this is where you set your recording device.

11. gaza

gaza Guest

if i record through pc would that be every time i want to record and do i watch it on pc or can i watch it on dbox?

12. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

when recorded to pc , you can watch it on PC or thru DBox. if you want it thru dBox you set your DBox up to play the avi/mpg file from the PC..

13. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

Can someone tell me if I order an IDE interface from that site will I get instructions on how to fit the HDD or does anyone have instructions they can send me.

Cheers

14. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I am expecting delivery of an IDE interface from Hallenberg in the next few days (6 weeks delivery time) and will update you.

15. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

cheers mate, much appreciated.

6 weeks deliverys a bit harsh isnt it.

16. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Yes, I nearly forgot I ordered it lol.

17. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Do you know what size HDD it can support?

18. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2007
  19. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

IDE interface arrived today, no instructions are included.

20. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

If ya find any instructions mate, could you send me them please.

Cheers