1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Age security

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dyawlak, May 14, 2003.

1. dyawlak

dyawlak Guest

When burning my own DVD's like moving videos to dvd, is there any software that will acutally add the age sercurity/certificate. I have burned a couple and they're grissly horrors, but there's nothing to stop my young kids getting hold of them and watching..

Thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Now thats a wicked good question!! what are you using to copy the dvds?

3. dyawlak

dyawlak Guest

Got a AVERY video capture card. Capturing video to MPEG2. Authoring using ULEAD Movie Studio and burning with Nero.

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

A very good question indeed. Sonic's Scenarist has the options to add parental IDs, but that's not an economical option...

IFOedit can edit various flags in the ifo files and this very question regarding parental ID was answered here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...3ba&threadid=52481&highlight=parental+ifoedit

You can basically set the parental control level to whatever you wish by editing the DVD you've authored via IFOedit prior to burning.

Does anyone know which parental level (1 to 8) corresponds to the format we're used to seeing (ie: G/PG13/R)?

Rgds,
    jnihil.

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

I found the various parental levels:

Level 1 G
    Level 2 reserved
    Level 3 PG
    Level 4 PG-13
    Level 5 reserved
    Level 6 R
    Level 7 NC-17
    Level 8 reserved

But I can't see how you can create a VMG_PTL_MAIT (parental Management Information Table) in IFOedit. Does anyone know how to do that?

This might be a job for Sonic Scenarist or Adobe Encore after all...

Rgds,
    jnihil.