1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding cd1 with cd2

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Mrducky, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Mrducky

Mrducky Member

I have two avi movie files both the same movie but cut in half is there a way to make it one file and make the movie complete?

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

VirtualDubMod or AVI-Mux GUI.

3. bigmons

bigmons Member

celtic you cant use nero visions to jus convert both movies as mutipule files wouldnt it work like that?

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

No one said that they wanted to convert though.

5. bigmons

bigmons Member

good point ok then for my question i would like to convert them to dvd so wouldnt it be like converting multiple files?

6. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

Tools: Virtualdub or Virtualdub MP3 Freeze or Nandub or if joining/cutting ASF use Virtualdub 1.3c and the ASF Codecs ( MP43 (Microsoft High-Speed MPEG-4 V3).

How to Cut a DivX/AVI file

This guide explains how to cut a DivX, XVID, ASF or an AVI without reconverting it. It will only take a few minutes to split a DivX/AVI. It works fine to cut a DivX, XVID with AC3 audio also.

Install and start Virtualdub (extract all files to a folder and run the virtualdub.exe file).
    Open the video, File->Open video file

If a window popups and says that VBR audio stream detected you must use Virtualdub MP3 Freeze or Nandub or you will get audio sync problem. Install Virtualdub MP3 Freeze/Nandub and follow these steps again. If you don't get this message you can continue with this guide.

Select under Audio->Direct Stream Copy.
    Select also under Video->Direct Stream Copy.
    Select the first part by(see image below):
    1. Drag the bar to the start
    2. Select Start
    3. Drag the bar to the end
    4. Select End
    Last save the the new clip with File->Save as AVI. It will only take some few minutes to cut the DivX/AVI.
    When it is done select the other part of the video the same way and save it as new file.

How to Join DivX/AVI files

Note! The videoclips must have same resolution, bitrates, codecs and so or else it wont work. It will only take a few minutes to merge DivX/AVI files, no reencoding required.

Install and start Virtualdub (extract all files to a folder and run the virtualdub.exe file).
    Open the first videoclip, File->Open video file

If a window popups and says that VBR audio stream detected you must use Virtualdub MP3 Freeze or you will get audio sync problem. Install Virtualdub MP3 Freeze and follow these steps again. If you don't get this message you can continue with this guide.

Select File->Append Video Segment to open and add other videoclips. Repeat this step until you have add all you videoclips.
    Select under Audio->Direct Stream Copy.
    Select also under Video->Direct Stream Copy.
    Lasthit File->Save AVI and save the new joined movieclip.

Problems
    I can't open ASF files. Be sure to use Virtualdub 1.3c cause newer versions of Virtualdub do not support ASF and be sure to install the ASF Codecs ( MP43 (Microsoft High-Speed MPEG-4 V3).

If a window popups and says that VBR audio stream detected you must use Virtualdub MP3 Freeze or Nandub or you will get audio sync problem. Install Virtualdub MP3 Freeze/Nandub and follow these steps again. If you don't get this message you can continue with this guide.

7. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  8. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

mrducky dose your dvd player suport dvix? if it dose just use nero to burn, if not you will have to convert the files to dvd, good program to do that is vob dvixtodvd , and by the title of your post i asume that you downloaded the torrent right?
    make sure that you preview the files before you convert to make sure that there are no problems with the file good luck

9. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

To ALL:

This is a fairly typical thread. Someone asks for help....

7 responses to the original post and....

8 Days later....

No reply or response from the Original poster......

Hmmmmmm......

10. bigmons

bigmons Member

i agree with you too meny people dont reply kinda sad. ok i have a question if i convert cd1 an cd2 with vision will it be ok or do i have to join the files?

11. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

bigmons,

Rephrase your question,I am not sure what you want...

12. bigmons

bigmons Member

ok i have want to burn a movie thats in 2 cds i have to convert them from avi with nero vision would the 2 files play with no breaks so that its like 1 movie. hope that helps

13. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

Yes, If you use Virtual dub [ or whatever ] from the tutorial I posted above. You can join the 2 clips and watch it like 1 movie.

14. bigmons

bigmons Member

iight thanks alot

15. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

I have used VIRTUAL DUB to join CD1 and CD2.

I then use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 to convert the .AVI file to a " GOOD " mpeg[1] file that TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 likes.

I then use TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 to convert the " Good " mpeg[1] files to DVD compatible [mpeg2] files. [ .ifo and .bup ]

I then use DVD Shrink to strip out all the TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 menus.

I then use Nero to burn the files to a DVD.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  16. DVDBack23

72morgan,
    Why?
    Why not just use virtual dub then nero vision? Saves a hell of alot of time and energy, and the quality is still very good...

17. bigmons

bigmons Member

but isnt it a possiable to jus add both files and burn the like burning a mulitple dvd example burning a season of t.p. boys lol. that would save a HELL of a lota time

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  18. DVDBack23

Yes, using Nero vision you can add up to 5 episodes and then burn it as a season disk... Use the guide in my sig ;)

19. bigmons

bigmons Member

thats not what i ment. i ment if u burn the 2 cds wouldnt the movie come out as if it were 1 file.

20. reetann

reetann Guest

pls can someone help,un rar avi 2 cd's with subtitles.Folder sent to when i open to check movie ok the subs show on the screen.Joined 2 parts with virtualdub,then convert,burn to disc No Sub's.Can someone pls tell me how to add the subs?Thx in advance