1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding cd1 with cd2

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Mrducky, Apr 20, 2006.

1. bigmons

bigmons Member

this might not help completly but i know dvd shrink can read if it has subs or not but it must be in a dvd file u can try it. when your gunna do it add the files and it will show everyting that the dvd file has on it. u can either do it with your dvd or u must convert the files to your hard drive, dvd is obivously easyer umm press open disc n it will automaticly read it with the dvd. hope that helps a bit

2. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

DVDBack23
    I wanted a method that would work on everything that I converted.

I tried Nero, VSO`s DivxToDVD and a couple others that were recommended here on AD.

I not only combine and convert [NTSC] CD1 & CD2 , I convert shows that are in PAL/XVID to DVD. All of the methods above would be hit or miss with out of sync audio.

I found using TMPGEnc to work the best for me. I never have a problem with out of sync audio. It may take longer, but the results especially converting PAL to NTSC are superior.

bigmons
    burn the cds ???? Come out as one file ?????

Not sure what you mean?????

The point of re-joining the 600 mb cd1 to the 600 mb cd2 and making a 1.2 gb joined movie is to then convert the 1.2 gb avi file with Nero [etc] into a 4.3 gb DVD that will play in a dvd player so you can watch it on your TV.

If you join the 2 halves of the movie, without converting it to A DVD format the only place you will be able to watch the joined avi movie is on your computer.

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  3. bigmons

bigmons Member

i know i have to convert them lol sorry i left that part out im asking wen u convert them to a dvd file wouldnt it be fine like ur burning a season its gunna be one after another with no breaks so the movie will join the a sense.

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  4. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

If that is what you want, no breaks, then yes

5. bigmons

bigmons Member

ok thank you i was makin a copy for a friend i was stumped on how to burn it.