1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding copy protection to DVD movie

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by BigDK, Jan 21, 2007.

1. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

I'm looking for a way to add copy protection to a DVD I have authored.
    I've spent most of my time in the past getting around encryption other people have enabled.
    That now seems a lot easier than putting encryption on.
    I'm looking along the lines of a Macrovision type encryption which will stop the average user just running a copy off through their PC, I'm not worried about serious users that already copy protected films, as in my experience 90+% of people just don't have a clue how to copy when there is a protection on the disk.
    It just needs to be good enough to stop programs like Nero etc... allowing a straight copy of the disk, and if possible be both Digital and Analogue copy safe, the same as RipGuard and ACP (without the price tag). Thus stopping the film being piped out the analogue ports on a player to another device.
    Any software recommendations would really help out, as I’ve spent a long time working on a project, which I would rather wasn’t copied by everyone that gets hold of it.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

It ain't gonna happen.

3. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

I think that about sums it up.

4. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

You will fine very little help on these forums.