1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding different movie clips to dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by cdan, Jan 23, 2005.

1. cdan

cdan Regular member

i've taken clips from different movies, using dvd shrink and re-authoring using the start / stop features, burned the clips and saved them each to a different file. I'm trying to get all of them onto a dvd, but, when shrinks encodes, it gives the files the same type names, .bup and .vob, nero won't let me add them because it thinks they're duplicate files. I tried putting a couple of different letters in front of the file names, but nero isn't having any part of THAT.....any help would be appreciated. It can't be that hard.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I've never used dvd shrink to do what you've done, but I've done it with NVE, and that's the background for the question to follow.

Will dvd shrink allow you to reauthor a compilation from multiple directories? If so, then you ought to be able to do a new compilation -- kind of a secondary or post-processing phase -- in which you read in the files you've already created with dvd shrink. It shouldn't matter that the file name is the same because the files are in different directories (folders). It will, of course, have to reencode all over, but that's unavoidable given the circumstances.

Alternatively, were you to reauthor with NeroVision Express, you would just load the VOB's into a new project, and even though the files appear to have the same name, the name isn't really the same when they exist in different directories.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. cdan

cdan Regular member

i'll try both of those options and see what works.thanx

4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

5. cdan

cdan Regular member

did it a couple of hrs ago........just pulled the files i burned and reauthored them....worked great.
    thanx, dan