1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Halo 2 Maps to the Mainmenu

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by FuZ3, Aug 11, 2006.

1. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

[bold]Adding Halo 2 Maps to the Mainmenu[/bold]
    By: ll FuZ3 ll

[bold]Things you are going to need:[/bold]

- DotHalo: http://files.filefront.com/DotHalo+v10b30RAR/;5372360;;/fileinfo.html
    - Xvi32: http://files.filefront.com/Xvi32RAR/;5387302;;/fileinfo.html
    - FTP Client: http://files.filefront.com/FlashFXP+34+Setupexe/;5387329;;/fileinfo.html
    - Halo 2 Maps (Mainmenu.map and a Halo 2 level like Deltatap.map)

[bold]Getting Started[/bold]

First open up Xvi32.
    [​IMG]

Then click "File" and then "Open"
    [​IMG]

Locate the map name.
    [​IMG]

Change the name to whatever you want.
    [​IMG]

Then click "File" and then "Save"
    [​IMG]

Then open up DotHalo and click "Open Map"
    [​IMG]

Then locate your Mainmenu.map and click "Open"
    [​IMG]

Then locate the [matg] Global tag
    [​IMG]

Click "globals/globals" It will take a while to load so just wait.
    [​IMG]

Then click on the "Multiplayer" drop-down list and select "12"
    [​IMG]

Then you need to fill out the blanks. For "Value" and "Next Value?" you should just put a random number. I used 250 because it's an unused number by the other maps that are accessable from the mainmenu. For "Name (English)" , "Name (German)" , "Name (French)" , and "Name" put the name of the map you want to show up on the mainmenu. Then for "Description (English)" , "Description (German)" , "Description (French)" , and "Description" put the description you want to show up on the mainmenu. For "Scenario Name" put what the name was when you hex edited the map. And last but not least for "Team Options" click "2 teams CTF/inf teams TS"
    [​IMG]

Then go back to the tags window and click "Save Changes"
    [​IMG]

Then click "Fix Encryption"
    [​IMG]

Then you can close the map and open CMR Map Resigner to resign your map that your adding to the mainmenu. Then you need to rename your Halo 2 map to whatever it's scenario name was so mine would be FuZ3.map and then FTP both your mainmenu.map and your other map into your E:/Games/Halo 2/maps folder. When it asks you if you want to overwrite the other mainmenu.map click "Yes"

Now that you have your map added to your mainmenu you want to be able to play them so you are going to need to disable your auto update.

So first you are going to need to FTP to your Xbox
    [​IMG]

Then you are going to need to locate the E:/TDATA/4d530064/$u folder and rename all three of the items like so
    [​IMG]

This is reversable. You can just take the 2's back out.

Then you can reboot your Xbox and run Halo 2. You will see your map has been added to your mainmenu!

FAQ

Q. - Why do I fail to load the map?

A. - As of right now, I have four things that would be reasons for your maps not loading:

1) It's corrupted because you modded it in a way so that it's unplayable.

2) You forgot to resign(new maps) or fix the encryption(old maps) of the map you are adding.

3) You screwed up when hex editing the map name.

4) You chose values for the map you were adding that didn't work. You may need to play around with these some more.

© ll FuZ3 ll

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  2. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

thank you. i wanted to know how to do this

3. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

No problem.

4. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

i have another question, is it multiplayer map 12 for all maps or just deltatap

5. FreshTYPE

FreshTYPE Member

First off great tutorial... i also want to ask what if i want to play the other xboxlive map packs and the map i added to the mainmenu.map without having to always rename the folders..? also do i really need the "single_player_shared.map"? in the maps folders...what is that really for is it need if i only want multi player on the hdd.

6. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

[bold]@xxteakxx[/bold]
    It is for any map. It's just the first open slot. Make sure every time you add a new map to the same mainmenu that the "Value" and "Next Value?" are different. If you use the same one twice it won't work.

[bold]@FreshTYPE[/bold]
    The single_player_shared.map holds pretty much everything for the Halo 2 campaign. Unless you play the campaign off your harddrive then it is not necessary to have on your Xbox. But about the whole playing the new maps I'm not totally possitive. It doesn't seem like you can play those maps without having the auto update. You could always add them to your mainmenu. But I will try to look into that for you and if I figure something out I'll get back to you!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  7. Fusion187

Fusion187 Member

hey FuZ3!! umm i need help with my modding. i am a modder for halo 2 and i need to download the old maps cause when i try to fxp to my box it doesnt work so is there a way you can send me a link to where i can get hem or possibly download then for me??? umm my aim name is blackeyes187 please im me if you can help!!! thanks in advance

8. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

9. myork2816

myork2816 Member

where can i download the mainmenu.map?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  10. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

[bold]@myork2816[/bold]
    Just go onto your modded dashboard. Then pop in your Halo 2 disk. Then ftp to your Xbox. Then in the D:\ drive is the Halo 2 disk. Then go into the maps folder and it's inside there.

11. myork2816

myork2816 Member

alright thanks

12. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

No Problem.

13. myork2816

myork2816 Member

My FTP program keeps saying that my connection has been refused and i dont know why. I'm using the Unleash X dashboard. Its on DHCP for the detection. The xbox is connected via the router method i also have a crossover cable but i get the same problem. What am I doing wrong?

14. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

Fuz, do you know how I would be able to swap pictures on the mainmenu as well?

15. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

[bold]@myork2816[/bold]
    I'm not totally possitive but I thought if you used a crossover it was when you connected directly to your computer. And ethernet cords when going through a router. But I may be wrong. Usually DHCP changes your IP address everytime you turn your Xbox on so make sure you know the IP address. Second if I wasn't any help here is an FTP tutorial: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228294

[bold]@xxteakxx[/bold]
    Just download this program: http://files.filefront.com/Mainmenu+Editor+v11rar/;5377160;;/fileinfo.html and then extract all the files into one folder. Then run it and open up your Mainmenu.map and then go to the drop-down menu and find the picture you want. Right click the image and click "Extract Bitmap" and then you can inject it into any map. I have tryed editing but I can never put it back in the right format for some reason. Or you can also you this version of DotHalo: http://files.filefront.com/DotHalo+v10b30RAR/;5372360;;/fileinfo.html and then open up your Mainmenu.map and go in the bitmap tag and they are there and you can extract them from there also.

16. dejkhs

dejkhs Member

can this be done the same way with old maps? if its a different way can you tell me how please.

17. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

[bold]@dejkhs[/bold]
    You can add any map to the mainmenu like this.

18. myork2816

myork2816 Member

i finally got the FTP to work, now what do i need to do to get the killtocity maps on to the xbox? Currently i have them in .iso format on a dvd.

19. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

[bold]@myork2816[/bold]
    You can use Qwix to extract the iso or ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD-R.

20. hmp007

hmp007 Guest

when i try to click global/globals...it starts working for half a second then then freezes and says program not responding...and help will be extreemly appreciated...and also when i click on my deltatap.map it wont come up...it says continue or quit and when i click continue it doesnt come up