1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Halo 2 Maps to the Mainmenu

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by FuZ3, Aug 11, 2006.

1. t1op

t1op Member

Er... yes, there's only 50 slots OR yes, there is a way to add slots with dotHalo (how?) OR yes, I think there is hack that lets you add slots (where to find? or good luck with google and forum searching)

2. spazmonke

spazmonke Member

Hi, i want to apply a patch to containment and add it the menu, i tried your tut, but when i disable auto update all the new maps go away (i know its supposed to happen) and then my new map doesn't even show up.

3. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

@t1op

From my knowledge, there are only 50 slots available in the mainmenu.

@spazmonke

I really don't know what your problem is. I would say that it was the hex editing but without describing your problem any deeper I really can't help at all.

4. Adam1127

Adam1127 Member

When i go into E:/TDATA/4d530064 there is nothing there.
    I have halo 2 saved onto my HHD. Ive tried going into E:/TDATA/4d530064 on the xbox with file explorer and with Flash fxp
    and there still isnt any thing in there. I have unleash x as my moded dash bored and im using the NTSC version of halo 2...
    Do i have to reinstall the softmod??? Ive check'd in All the folders in E:/TDATA and there also isnt any thing in those.
    Ive check'd in the (X) (Y) (Z) partishons of the drive and all thats in there is cache fales and font files.
    Does any one know where these files i need could be saved?

5. dsmock

dsmock Member

hey there is nothing un der my E:/TDATA/4d530064 folder. It may have to do with that my main dashboard is XBMC. How can i change that?

6. dsmock

dsmock Member

i also try to play the map with out changing the auto update and it says i failed to load the map

7. corn

corn Guest

By doing this can I mod old older maps, and not have Halo 2 on my HDD?

8. dsmock

dsmock Member

is there another way to disable auto update because E:/TDATA/4d530064/$u folder, there is nothing in my E:/TDATA/4d530064 file. please help

9. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well if you have nothing in that folder that should mean that you haven't installed the update. Be sure that you have it installed so that you can disable it by changing the name.

Also corn, I believe you could make your own Halo2 disc with your moddified mainmenu and maps on the disc. I have heard people with the Killtrocity map pack on a disc so I know it is possible.

10. timcouch2

timcouch2 Member

when i click on matag my computer loads through 2 things then when it gets to loading the plugin my dot halo just stops responding
    what should i do

11. dsmock

dsmock Member

where can i download the update

12. Outbr3ak

Outbr3ak Member

Ok, I am new to this. My box: softmodded with UnleashedX. Halo 2 is on my HDD AND WORKS. The old maps and new maps both work(up to Terminal). Now I followed the tutorial, only to find out my map shows zanzi, and when it loads, just puts me back to the pregame lobby...

BUT!! I just used Mimesis v3 to download new maps just like the map packs, they installed and showed up with their respective custom pic and name and tried loading them. Guess what, sent me right back to the pregame lobby, about 22 maps I downloaded, and all of them are doing what my custom Zanzi did......and it cant be value errors, because the maps are installed like map packs from the server. Help!!!

13. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

@timcouch2

That happened to me a while back but I don't know what I did to fix it. I did two things though, formatted my computer and re-installed Windows XP and I think I got a newer version of DotHalo.

@dsmock

What update are you looking for? and what is it for?

@Outbr3ak

I replied to the PM you sent me.

But I recently got a new gamertag so if anyone has Xbox Live and could use some help be sure to hit me up with a friend request.

14. RedVortex

RedVortex Member

Yeah I'm having the same problem as a few of the other guys, there's nothing in my E:/tdata/....etc. folder.

I think the updates dsmock is looking for are the udates to Halo 2 so that he can "fix" the files that are suppose to be in the E:/tdata/...etc folder.

Now my question is, if I never got the updates, can I just add the maps by hex editing the map and then adding it to the mainmenu.map map using DotHalo? Or do I really have to update first.

I'm just asking because I think I tried to just add maps a while ago using the hex edit and Dothalo on the mainmenu.map file and I don't remember it working.

So if anyone has a solution to the absence of files in the E:/tdada/... etc folder due to not updating Halo 2 I ( and probably a few others) would really appreciate it.

p.s. now that I think about it, I don't ever remember resigning the new maps I made before I ftp'ed them back to my Xbox which might have been the reason why they never showed up :p

15. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

If you don't have the update, then yes, you can hexedit the maps and the mainmenu and play it on your Xbox (as long as the game is on your Xbox...unless you decide to burn out the disc with the new maps on it).

And if they failed to load, then I would definitely think you didn't fix the encryptions as well as resign the maps.

16. RedVortex

RedVortex Member

yeah the game's on my Xbox and I just tried it and was able to put Derelict onto it. The only problem I had was that it replaced Zanzibar for some reason. I'm fiddling with it and I'll let you know if I fixed that problem.

The other problem I'm having now is concerning resigning the maps. I edited coagulation, it works (run in-game), and I tried to change it's name so that I don't have to replace the existing coagulation map. The problem I get is that whenever I rename coagulation to something like "Open Space" or anything else, when I go to resign the map it won't let let me. Gives me a code of "00000000" to input and it simply doesn't work. However, when I renamed it to "scenarios\multi\halo\coagulation2\coagulation2" it worked...

If someone can please explain why this is happeing I would really appreciate it. I don't mind so much because the in-game name will be different but it's going to be hard to know what file is if i have many files with the same name with a different number after it.

thanks,

Rv

17. zachaqsw

zachaqsw Regular member

i have a 360 with xsata how do i get the mainmenu.map and the shared.map i can only get the new maps from my 360

18. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

@Red
    Are you sure you are following this tutorial properly? If you aren't getting much support here, you can check out my site and I'm almost 100% sure that someone will be able to help you (if not, you can find a different tutorial for it).

http://www.se7ensins.com/

19. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

@RedVortex

Well if you are dealing with the old maps then simply use the 'Fix Encryption' feature in DotHalo or you can use a little program called Encryptomatic Signature to fix your maps.

@zachaqsw

The mainmenu.map and shared.map are located on your Halo2 disc and aren't accessible via XSATA.

20. A1z233

A1z233 Member

hi im just wonderin if u can reaname a map and put it onto your 360 HDD if your using XSATA?

ne help would be gr8 cheers