1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Halo 2 Maps to the Mainmenu

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by FuZ3, Aug 11, 2006.

1. B3RZ3RK3R

B3RZ3RK3R Member

Tutorial Works Great. The only problem I'm having is the maps loading on system link. If I'm hosting a game, other people can't load the map( maps added to the mainmenu only, not the original maps). If they're hosting, I can't. Is there a possible fix to this, or am I S.O.L.?
    It also seems to be selective, as the only maps that worked are Terminal and Warlock.
    (this is bugging me because I enjoy playing SWAT on Tombstone)
    Another thing, is there a way to get the map's picture to show up?
    All I get is a white box over the description, and Containment stole Zanzibar's picture.

EDIT: Does this "Map Failed To Load" Situation fall into the same category as the others? Should I toy with the map values a bit?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. B3RZ3RK3R

B3RZ3RK3R Member

Or am I bumping a Long-Dead topic?

3. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

@A1z233

Of corse you could rename it but what are you trying to do by renaming it?

@B3RZ3RK3R

It is a slightly old topic but I don't mind helping you out.

But if you are playing system link then everyone that is trying to play needs the same mainmenu.map if you are using maps that you have added to the mainmenu and the maps that you have added.

Also the thing about the picture, you can get this program called something like Mainmenu editor and you can extract the picture of one of the maps and inject it into the map that needs the picture.

Also if I missed anything be sure to let me know.

4. B3RZ3RK3R

B3RZ3RK3R Member

Ah, I see. Not totally S.O.L. then. And I think I have that Mainmenu Editor 1.1 program somewhere on my other computer... problem is now that I can't use it. The keyboard fried last night from an almost empty glass of water... x_x
    Oh, one more question, a bit off topic, but yeah
    In the XBL gamertag box you have in your signature, what is the name of the game that has that white and red starship thing? I used to play it when I was like 6/7, but the old computer died, and now i'm trying to find it again. I just can't remember the name...and it's probably gonna be a totally obvious name too.

5. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Galaga.

6. B3RZ3RK3R

B3RZ3RK3R Member

Nice, Thanks. Speedy reply too.

7. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

That's what I'm here for and I was on AIM and I use my aim email address for AfterDawn so it pops up and tells me the second I get an email.

8. B3RZ3RK3R

B3RZ3RK3R Member

yeah, my MSN does that too, the Thread Update alert thing

9. kmssd

kmssd Member

I don't know if you still read your thread, but when I try to inject pictures of the maps, some carry over to the rest of the maps, and I can't change the pictures to what I want to stay, it keeps changing.
    This is what happens, 11 carries over to 12, 13 carries to the rest (49), also to campaign 16-19, injetting to campaign 16 carries over to the rest of the campaign and also to multiplayer 13-49. Did this ever happen to you, fyi I'm using DotHalo v1.0b3.0 to injet bitmaps into ui\code_global_bitmaps\multiplayer#[or]campaign#.

10. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well I haven't modded in forever and I don't have my DotHalo or Halo2 maps any more so it would be easier for me to help you with your problem if I had that to look at.

But the easiest thing to do would be to find and download the mainmenu editor and just use that to inject the pictures.

11. kmssd

kmssd Member

Ok, I'll try that, if that doesn't work, well I just have to figure out something, but thnx for the reply, some things I ask on forums never get answered.

12. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Well if you ever need help with anything (even if it's not related to modding Halo2) you can just PM me here or talk to me on Xbox Live if you have that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  13. kmssd

kmssd Member

Ok cool, I'll keep that in mind.

14. modmastr

modmastr Member

hey i was wondering how do i get the mainmenu.map off my xbox im an experienced modder just cant do much with out that and my com wont download so can u pleaz help me

15. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

I replied to your PM that had the same exact question in it.

16. imgr81337

imgr81337 Guest

17. farrantch

farrantch Member

what if you want to download bungies map pack later on? or what if you alreay have it? or will this mess it up if i have the killtrocity maps......i guess what im trying to say is, is that i want bungies map pack, killtrocity, fragtastic, all the original maps that arnt modded, and the ones i personnally mod myself, all on the menu, and ready to play. it'd be nice to be able to install on multiple boxes and system link too.....this sounds to me like it would be difficult to do, but help is greatly appreciated. thanx