1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding new subtitles to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Trurl, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Trurl

Trurl Guest

I try to add additional subtitles to DVD. I did it exactly like it is discibed in instructions from DVDRHelp.com. But it didn't work properly. In the resulting DVD I can see subtitles (the old and the added ones) when I playback this DVD on the computer, but I can't see them on TV with standalone DVD-player.
    That is the way, how I do the job:
    1) With DVDShrink I backup the DVD onto harddisk;
    2) with VOBEditor I demux vob-file to *.m2p, *.ac3 and *.sup streams, save CellTimes and etc.;
    3) With Str2Sup I do new subtites;
    4) With IFOEdit I author new DVD with additing new subtitles, copy original subpictures color;

All works, but, as I said, I can see subtitles only on the computer, and the strangest thing, that even old subtitles I can't see. I tried not to add new subtitles, and just demux the source VOB and remux it again with IFOEditor. The same result: I got DVD, in which I can see subtitles on the computer, but not on the TV. Who can help?

2. dnooij

dnooij Member

i have almost the same problem. My subtitles are below my tv screen. I have no idea how to raise this subtitles. Anyone?