1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding protection to a copied dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pio4030, Mar 24, 2004.

1. pio4030

pio4030 Regular member

Is there any possible way of adding some kind of protection on a dvd that you burn so that nobody else can burn it? I know Decrypter takes it out, but can you put one on using shrink or decrypter? Thanks.

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

sorry mate, but there aint no way to put encyption/protection onto a backed up DVD or atleast i havent seen one

im ninety one percent sure you cant especially with decrypter or shrink

Dean

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there Dean,

You can take that percentage up about 9 more points and feel comfortable :p)

Pete

4. movie_777

movie_777 Member

Just wondering; are you talking about protecting a movie you backed up?

I ask because it does not make sense to me to want to add protection to a movie copy where you had to bypass a copy protection scheme in order to back it up.

321 Studios claimed DVD X Copy could make a back up of the movie and the program would implement a scheme that would not allow a copy to be made from a copy made with DVD X Copy. But now there is a way around it.

I'm sure that as soon as there is a new protection scheme someone will figure out how to bypass it.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

movie_777,

In reality it means that a copy can't be made of a DVD XCopy copy using DVD XCopy.

(lemme see now, a copy of a copy's copy can't dance with that copy's copy other brother's copy if DVD XCopy choppy copy - AAAaaaaah -

I hate getting stuck in that virtual space-time continuum warp thingie :-(

Anyway you can use almost anything to copy a DVD Xcopy copy, you just can’t use DVD Xcopy - Yea ! That’s it !
    I knew I had it in me !

6. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

yeah dvdxcopy used to watermark its copies but not with a code, just something to tell dvdx not to copy that copy. I say used to as dvdxcopy is now no longer able to crack the css protection so its now know better than ROXIO or NERO.

7. movie_777

movie_777 Member

The reason I mentioned DVD X Copy was that some users claimed that when trying to back up the copy made by DVD X Copy with DVD Shrink they would get an error at 99%. So they thought the copy could not be copied.

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yea, so many people attribute things to 321's products.

It's because of the statements they made about their anti-pirate software. - They saturated the net about how their copies couldn't be copied. - It can't be copied by their XCopy software. -It can be copied by any other program, - how misled people become :D)

"P"