1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding .sub files to avi

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by chhem316, Dec 8, 2004.

1. chhem316

chhem316 Guest

hey everyone, Im having some problems with a movie I've downloaded. It is house of flying daggers. Anyhow when i downloaded it it came with avi files and sub files. I have a divx player at home so I can just burn it on a disc and watch it. Well the problem is that Im trying to add the sub file to the avi file. I gotten to the point where I got vobsub and virtual dub. I tried to add the sub file but for for some reason it doesnt work. I tried d/l other subtitle programs, but everytime I try it says its not the correct format. The only thing I know about the sub files is that when I try to watch it using video lan. There are two options of sub titles I can choose from. Chinese or english.. I dont know if thats a factor in the problem I'm having. I hope one of you guys can help me out. thanks!!

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

so you want to mux the sub.
    virtualdubmod can mux in the subtitle stream but in srt format.

unless you're talking about hardsubbing

3. supasoju

supasoju Member

i have similar problem here. i d/l same movie and it came with chinese subtitile. im watching this with divx player or win media player on my computer.
    shiroh.. do u know how to convert chinese to english sub using vobsub? or any other program that can convert?
    i tried with vobsub's mux thing n sub resync but no luck... maybe im doing it wrong.... cuz im a nub.. ^^
    help me~

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  4. juri888

juri888 Member

Ive got the srt files for this movie!
    If i can download it from u or you tell me where to get this file(fast download) i can give them to u...

5. juri888

juri888 Member

with this file i mean the movie itself...