1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Subs to avi.

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by hengler, Jan 30, 2008.

1. hengler

hengler Guest

Hi
    I'm a very new Newbie and I'm trying to add subtitles to avi. format for the benefit of my wife. I completed one succesfully yesterday using Virtual Dub and Conversor. I have tried 2 more but I get a message that the frames are variable and I have to use full compression as the subs may be out of sync!
    The subs are not out of sync. but the audio track is.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Where do you play your avi after you add the subtitles? Do you use a DivX certified player, or do you convert then to DVD-Video, burn them and watch them on a regular dvd player?

3. hengler

hengler Guest

I play them on a normal DVD but the audio is out of sync when I try it on the PC and it is the same on all the players - Windows, Real, Nero, DivX, VLC etc. etc.
    The message, when I open the avi. in Virtual Dub, says that the audio is VRB and I must use full process to rectify this, which I do. It then gives a reading of e.g. 131.3 + or - 17.4 kbs. I have tried to find where I can enter this setting but with no success.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  5. hengler

hengler Guest

Thanks I'll give it a whirl!

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Version 1.3.00 has the capabilities to make menus. That guide is for a version that does not support menus.
    For good quality results, use the "High Quality/2-pass "encoding setting. Make sure you select the correct format, PAL/NTSC.