1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding subtitle which can turn on/off in DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by piyota, Apr 20, 2005.

1. piyota

piyota Member

I want to know if somebody can help me : how to add subtitle which can turn on/off in DVD? I know how to add it permanently using TMPGEnc, but I want it can be turn on/off using the remote control.
    PS: Do you guys know if there is a way you can add the sub permanently into a movie without changing the format of it? ( avi is still avi, without changing it into mpeg)

2. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

Not sure if I'm right on this one but here goes:

If you are using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink this is what you do:

When decrypted, open it up in DVD Shrink. When you "click on reauthor" and find the vob file, it will give you the different language subtitles at the bottom. Keep the ones you want.

Now to turn them on/off with the remote, there can be different ways depending on your remote features. With the XBOX remote I have to click menu, and a stream of options will come about at the very top. Just play around with the different remote options.

Hope this helps

3. piyota

piyota Member

no, what i mean is I don't rip it from DVD and burn it into another one. The movie is in my Hard drive, and I convert the avi file into mpeg, then re quthor, I only know how to add permanent sub during the conversion, but I want it to be able to turn on/off after burn it into the DVD

4. Cynex

Cynex Member

If your subtitle files are .sup use Srt2Sup to make them .srt and it will allow you to turn them on/off. Or atleast my computer allows this. Dont see why yours shouldnt. The player I use is "The Core Media Player" just incase that is the reason it allows it. Anyway, hope this helps.

5. piyota

piyota Member

I don't want to turn on/off in my comp, I want to do it in TV with my DVD player

6. Cynex

Cynex Member

That has something to do with using .sup style subtitles and using IFOEdit to put them on it. From what Ive read about that stuff, it doesnt seem very complicated... until you actually try and do it. I dont know, but this site has some tutorials. I can tell you that DVD-Video uses .sup for its subtitle format.