1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding subtitles??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kyle_101, Apr 5, 2005.

1. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Is it possible to add subtitles after you have downloaded a film in a different language.

2. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Ok here is what i have tried to do:

I downloaded the .srt and put it into the same folder as the .avi and renamed it exactly as the .avi file.

I have downloaded and installed VobSub and ffdshow.

But i still cant get the subtitles up in windows media player?

Any ideas?
    Thanks

3. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Ok i figured that part ut and can now get the subs up in Windows media player, but now i want to put the files onto dvd to watch on a stand alone dvd player.

I have followed teh guide here at AD but when i get to the part where i have to open my avi file in tmpgenc it wont open it says it cannot open or is unsupported.

any ideas
    thanks

4. Cynex

Cynex Member

You need IFOEdit to add subtitles. I am having the same problem. I used(tried would be more exact) TMPGEnc Plus but the conversion time from .avi to .m2v was going so slow the expected time was 58hours.. dont know why(probably cause my comp is a PoS). Anyway, the VTS_01_1 files are MPEG-2, but dont seem to have the .m2v extension. IFOEdit does a "Unexpected Error: Must close" crap and doesnt seem to like the fact that the VTS_01_1 file doesnt have .m2v for its extension(which is beyond me as to why). Is there away to do this with another program that will allow the .sup file to be added to the VTS_01_1 file like IFOEdit would if it didnt error?