1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding voice comments to a video.

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by az0000000, Nov 6, 2004.

1. az0000000

az0000000 Member

Hello.
    How can I add a voice comment to a video file? Some video editing program should be able do it, or is it being done after the final video clip is rendered and than imported in to a third party program that is able to bring done the video’s sound volume for comments to be heard?
    Perhaps the voice must be recorded apart and added to the video? How can I do that?
    I am using video editing program but a task for me is to be able to slow own video’s volume exactly in the moments when comments are starting.
    I am just guessing, as I am new in comments adding technique, please, any suggestion and advices are welcomed.
    Thanks a lot!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.

3. katolee

katolee Guest

First you must have a microphone hooked up and able to record audio.

Programs needed for my version:

1. Super SOund recorder (or ne other sound recording prog)
    2. Quick Time pro
    3. TMPG or VIrtual DUb

Step 1: Get your audio recording prog ready (I like super sound recorder, cause it can save in .mp3 and .wav). Hit the record and make your comments.

Step 2: Make sure the video you want to add the comments to is in uncompressed format (to do this open the video up in virtualdub and go to file save as and that's it).

Step 3: Open up Quick Time PRO (Must be pro version)and slide the litte markers under neath the timeline \/ marker. Move the first one to where you want your audio to begin, and the second one to what you want your auido to end.

Step 4: Open up your audio file (either .mp3 or .wav) and highlight the parts you want (described in step 3) and hit Ctrl+Alt and go to Edit Add in the video player.

I'm sure there's an easier way, but that's how i'd do it.

I think there is a way to save ur video file while it's playing in virtual dub and have vd record straight from the microphone but i'm not sure.. U can pm me if u get lost