1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting burning speed with nero.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by goodvibe1, Oct 6, 2004.

1. goodvibe1

goodvibe1 Member

For some reason when I go to burn an ISO file the only speed option in the drop down window is 4X. I would like to burn my ISO's at 2X-1X. Any ideas why this may be, and is there another burnign program that will allow me to adust my burn speed lower. I'm curently using Nero 6.3.1.11 and my burner is DVD+/-RW LITEON SOHW-1633S. Thanks in advance

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Perhaps the disk only supports 4x burning (could be the problem). You can always try dvd decrypter or record now max and see how they go.

3. goodvibe1

goodvibe1 Member

Thanks clarky for the response. I will try both of those and hopefully it will allow me to adjust the speed. BTW-The disc that I'm using are DvD-R Ritek G04 w/ the maxium burn speed of 4x.

4. goodvibe1

goodvibe1 Member

Just tried burning another disc. I used DvD Decrypter and it allowed me to set the write speed at 1X. But as the burning started it was writing at 4X again. The last 25% of the burn process it was jumping back between 1X and 4X speeds. Will burning at 4X cause more coasters? 1X does cause more successful disck, curious if anyone else here burns their back-up ISO's at 4X. If so how reliable has it been? thanks

5. clarky

clarky Regular member

I burn all mine at either 4x (most commonly) or 2x with the new nero start smart.

Never had a coaster because of the burn speed but i would be going any higher than 4x with xbox games.

6. goodvibe1

goodvibe1 Member

So far I have had no coasters burning at 4X speed. Still can't seem to lower the write speed bellow 4X. Oh well if it ain't broke why fix it it I guess :).