1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 problem!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by gzjarg, Dec 5, 2005.

1. gzjarg

gzjarg Member

Hey, can anyone help me with this??

I've recently upgraded from Photoshop CS to Photoshop CS2 and I am having a lot of trouble with it...the startup flash screen the program has sticks a long time on the "reading text global resources" part...which used to pass really fast on CS....ok, I can live with that as long as the program doesn't stall when I am workin on something!!! it's running great for some time, then it stops! and I have to wait and sometimes even close it (end now)...I need to know what's going on! because the rest of the Creative Suite 2 programs work perfectly on my PC, the only problem is with Photoshop!

HELP!

2. fuzzai

fuzzai Member

I would try uninstall everything, and re-installing it

Maybe there's some older fies from CS or even and older photoshop causing problems.

How fast is your PC? How much RAM?

3. gzjarg

gzjarg Member

that's just it! I've done it twice...the first time I uninstalled everything I did it because I saw that the old version of Photoshop (CS) stayed on my PC, it didn't update itself, it made a new installation of CS2...when I reinstalled it, the problem persisted...so I said, maybe there is a problem with my CS2 DVD...so I tried installing it on a friend's PC and it worked great...so I looked for another DVD and nothing, the problem continues...

really don't know what's going on...

here are my computer specs:

Intel Pentium IV 2.8ghz processor
    512 MB of RAM
    120 GB hard drive (with 3 partitions)
    Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128 MB video card (latest drivers)

I've consulted the minimum system requirements of Photoshop CS2 and I have more than them...oh! really don't know if this could be the problem, but the friend's computer I installed my copy of CS2 on, even though he has a smaller hard drive (40gb) and Pentium IV processor (2.2ghz), he has more RAM than me (he has 768 MB of RAM)...but I don't know if this could be it...

HELP!

4. gzjarg

gzjarg Member

anybody with an answer??

5. Lord26

Lord26 Guest

Hey, I have the same problem to, please somebody help with this?

I have done the same as gzjarg uninstall and re-install photoshop CS2 and still have the same problem.

My computer specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2.2+
    1,536 MB of DDRAM
    2 Hard Drives, 160GB(with 2 partitions)and 120GB(storage)
    ATI Radeon 9000 128 MB video card AGP(latest drivers)

Please Help with this, it is a great lost of reputation for me because I cannot work, so somebody please help with this mess?

gzjarg if I got the problem fix I tell you right away and if you solve the problem please tell me ok take care.

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Did you try ADOBE support for help ? That software is expensive enough they should offer to help both of you ... NO ??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2006