1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe premier 6.0. playback problems

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by saiello, Dec 4, 2002.

1. saiello

saiello Guest

Hi, I am currently using Adobe Premier 6.0 on Windows XP and have problems with playing back avi's stored on hard disk. My graphics card is a Diamond multimedia Fire GL1 with driver version 5.12.2195.1100. As soon as I open the avi the playback window turns into a chequered pattern and the avi plays outside this window in the top left hand corner of the screen. I have tried other versions of video editing software including Pinnacle and do not get this problem. Is my problem to do with running Adobe Premier on XP or is it that Adobe has a particular problem with my graphics card? I have tried downloading other drivers for my graphics card but I still get the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. mfatic53

mfatic53 Member

Make sure that you have downloaded all of the patches from Adobe for Premier 6.0. If you're not at least at 6.01 under XP, you are likely to have playback problems. I think their latest patch is 6.02. That's what I'm running and haven't had problems with this version

3. fkdks

fkdks Guest

I have the same problem and i install the new version from adobe premiere 6.5, for the windows xp is better!!Try this!!!