1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Premier - Cannot get transitions to work

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by bna1dew, Feb 9, 2004.

1. bna1dew

bna1dew Member

Please help. I just installed Adobe Premier 6.5. I cannot get the transitions to work. I've tried following the directions to the letter, but no luck. I have the clip or jpeg on the video 1a timeline and the transition on the transition line. I press play and the transition does not work. What am I doing wrong.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Put the Transition on the Same Timeline as the Video not on a Seperate One...The Way I allways use Transitions that works all the Time is Say I have 2 Clips and I want to Put a 4 second Transition between the 2 Clips, So I drag Clip #1 to the Timeline and then I drag Clip #2 to the Timeline and Overlap the Beginning of Clip #2 with the End of Clip #1 for about 4 seconds and then You drag and Drop the Transition to were the 2 Files Overlap and then do your Transition settings and that is it..Try Playing back the Transition and it will Playback Properly ...This is how you add Transitions.....Cheers