1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Premier Pro viewing prob

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by GreenButt, Nov 5, 2003.

1. GreenButt

GreenButt Member

Hi all my 1st post.

I made a quicktime movie with Premier 6.5 a while back and everything was fine. When i
    updated to Premiere Pro and open the same movie into it i cannot view it i have rendered
    it so to have preview files but the screen still stays black and i can only hear the audio
    in the movie. I also have Quicktime pro 6.3 installed.

Anyone have any ideas what the prob is thanks alot for any help.

Pc = P4 2.4 64mb.ddr vidcard XP Home

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I have had simular problems with Premier Pro But It was with Mpeg-4 files...I didn"t fix the Problem But I found a Work around..What I did was decompressed the Mpeg-4 file to Uncompressed AVI which premier happely accepts...Or I just use a Totally seperate editor Like "Vegas Video 4" which accepts Mov files and is easier to use than Premier and I like it"s Transitions Much Better..and as a Last resort I would Un-Install Premier and Un-install Quicktime then Clean out your Registry and restart your Pc ,then Reinstall Quicktime then Restart then install Premier...sory I can"t be of More help...Cheers

3. GreenButt

GreenButt Member

Thanks for the info i ended up converting it to an .avi file and now i can view it ok.

Thanks