1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adobe premier to cd's

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by piper180, Jan 4, 2002.

1. piper180

piper180 Guest

I would like to burn my finished products from adobe premier 6.0 to cd's. I want the highest quality available so (correct me if I am wrong) I would like to burn the clips in mpeg2 format. My questions are: 1. Will a CD burned with an mpeg2 file play in my dvd player? 2. How can I convert these avi files to mpeg2 to burn on to the cd? 3. How long of a clip will I be able to burn onto a cd? My guess is that I need to encode my avi file to mpeg2 on the hard drive and then copy to cd. Is there software (preferably downloadable and free) that could help me do this? Please help me. I am new to all of this. Help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2002
  2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

1. Some DVD players play a thing called miniDVD. There are many references on the net on the subject. But I think DVD-R is a better bet.

2. There are MPEG2 plugins for Premiere - Ligos and Cinemacraft come to mind.

3. I remember reading something like 20 minutes (?). You don't get much for 650MB.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

1. miniDVD is _exactly_ the same as DVD-Video, just burned on CD instead of DVD. And it is not a standard, so some players don't support it. But DVD-R is the option if you _really_ need perfect quality -- it allows upto 9.7MBit/sec bitrates.

2. Or you can save the AVI first to HDD and use TMPGEnc to encode the AVI to MPEG-2 (if you prefer free option -- Ligos (don't use it) and CCE (excellent quality) are commercial products).

3. It depends on the encoding settings. SVCDs and DVDs allows a VBR ( http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/ :) MPEG-2 encoding which means that you can define the bitrate your video will be encoded into and that determines how much video you can fit to one CD.