1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adobe premiere pro 7 will not run

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by unfat, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Minion

Minion Senior member

Neither the PicVideo or the Lame Codecs have any effect on me useing Adobe Premier 7 Pro ....

2. Kai79

Kai79 Member

This is the way I made it work;

Go to control panel and choose "Sound and audio devices"
    then choose audio tab and choose Advanced from Sound playback. Click performance tab and the audio playback / hardware acceleration should be "Full acceleration". If not (maybe emulation only), change it to full.

3. samhain

samhain Guest

Hi,
    I am a Newbie so please dont get upset if I post thi in the wrong area. I have a question about Adobe Premiere 6.5
    Everytime I try to export a movie file, it tells me Error: Codec not found and it won't export. Is there anything I can download to help me? I'm really new to this and I am having so much trouble. Please help!

4. Kai79

Kai79 Member

You don't have the codec for the format you're trying to export. So all you need to do is download the codec from some site and properly install it (if Premiere supports the all the formats that are installed to windows, I don't remember if it does). If not, then you need Premiere plug-in for the codec

5. samhain

samhain Guest

Thanks, any idea where I could download it? I have been looking forever!

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

What Format or codec are you trying to export too???
    Adobe Premier will Only List the Formats that you have codecs or Plugins For so I don"t see how you could Pick a Format in premier and then it tell you that it Can"t export to that Format...

7. samhain

samhain Guest

Anytime I put a clip together and press enter to see a preview, thats when it comes up. it lets me export but it wont let me load the preview to see what it is going to look like. please help

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well This would be a Problem with not haveing the Codec to decode the File you want to edit but if this were the case you would not be able to view the Source file at all on your PC so if you can not watch the File at all even with media Player then it would be because you don"t have the codec to decode the file you are editing but if you can watch it with Media Player then it would be a Problem with Premier not supporting that Format or it is have trouble accessing the codec to decode the format...What type of file is it you are Trying to edit???

9. theneko

theneko Member

I tried Kai79's fix and it worked - thanks!
    I have LAME installed but I didn't have to uninstall it or any other codecs. When I went into the Sound control panel, the device was set to "Total Recorder" so I changed it to "SB Audigy" and Premiere Pro came up fine. ;-)

10. justamom

justamom Member

I had the same problems with premier pro described here. I tried all of the suggestions on adobe's site short of reformatting my hard drive and starting over!
    then I found this site. Thank you all for responding. I found that a $12 download program "Total Recorder"
    from High Criteria Inc. was the culprit on my system.
    Premier is woking splendidly now thanks to this site and those of you who took the time to ask and answer.
    You have my gratitude!

11. ruacha

ruacha Member

I had the same problem when first running Premiere Pro, I do a lot of audio, and I noticed that premiere was attempting to load all of the vst plugins in the steinber/vstplugins folder, after not loading I rename this folder differentlym, run premiere and it was fine, obviosly i want to use my plugins in premiere, so i renamed the folder to the correct name again but took all the plugins out, started to dump by groups and loading premiere everytime, until i noticed that with one group (grups of 5) it crashed while starting, Lounge Lizard plugin was the one creating this problem, took it out and now i can use plugins on premiere ok.