1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advent 32

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jona476, Sep 8, 2009.

1. jona476

jona476 Member

Hi.

I have a Advent 32" LCD, which is about 4 years old. (Brought from PCWorld).

About 7 days ago I noticed it taking longer & longer to switch on from being switched off over night or even for a couple of hours. It usually takes about 10 secs to switch on but now takes about 2-3 minutes. I should mention that this is switching on using the power button on the TV & not switching on from standby.

I have also noticed that the standby button is not working correctly. When you press the button (on the tv, not the remote) it actually changes the channel from AV1 to AV2 & just keeps toggling between changes each time it's pressed. Obviously it should just put the tv into standby & visa versa. If you press the standby button on the remote the tv does go into standby & pressing the standby button on the tv does switch it back on. It always worked from the tv before last week.

Has anyone got any idea what's wrong? I can only assume that it's going to get worse & eventually completely fail.

Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved.

2. dailun

dailun Active member

"I can only assume that it's going to get worse & eventually completely fail."

That is a correct assumption. If the TV is 4 years old the cost of repair will exceed the cost of replacement.

Time to start looking for another TV unless you have the wherewithall (i.e. ability to find parts) and skill to fix it yourself.