1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed - Newbie looking to invest

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Ravsta, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Ravsta

Ravsta Member

Hi all

I had a Starview Box before the cut off which was all working great, back to normal tv channels, but now looking to move to something a bit better prefereably sly.

Looking for a mid range priced box to something that I can get a bit extra bang for my buck. Really want a decent menu, have seen the Technomate range and I really hate the menu. Can anyone give me any recommendations? Prices, models. i do not have a dish by the way so will need this.

2. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

If you have no dish and your intention is not to get one then you need to go down the cable box route, search for information about kryptview boxes there are loads of threads covering this, I can recommend the kyrptview 100% over starpoo boxes if you do go down the satellite route then have a look at the vu+ duo or similar, they are a bit more expensive but worth the money. This advice for a cable box is only if you are in the UK.

3. Ravsta

Ravsta Member

Would you recomend a dish setup rather than a cable setup i.e for better picture quality etc.

I already have cable connection but if boxes/dish setup perform better then I would consider looking into that.

4. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

sat is better all day long also if cable server goes down u pretty much fooked where with a sly box if it goes down loads of servers to pick from for me its a no brainer u can get a cheap hd box for around 50 quid posted and u can get a sub from 10er a month or cheaper the longer u want so basicly for the price of a kryptview u can get a sly box with a yr sub if u find a good trust worthy server

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

most people get a cheap box but if you want to record you will need a twin tuner box and one that does a 7 day epg which is most important and people overlook,look at the vu duo original not clone as they are crap,if you have a big hd tv you will be amazed with hd channel quality.