1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on speakers please

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Matt898, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Matt898

Matt898 Member

Sup,
    So I have 40" Samsung LCD wall mounted, 10" Velodyne Sub, Yamaha HTR-5630 Receiver, and a Sony Center Channel. So I needs Surround Speakers and I am Not sure what to do or what will better with my set up. Let me start off with the Sub I freakin love it! The Receiver is a few years old(like 4) But it has done great for me. the the center channel is nothing special. So I am not sure weather I should Get in wall speakers or little satellites or what? Im going for as clean of a look as I can get. saves me from the wife :)
    This setup will be mostly for watching Movies and Gaming, not very much music listening will be done. can someone give me some input please. Maybe what style and any specific brands. also if inwall where should I mount them? High, Low,Ceiling? Looking for a good bang for the buck on the speakers since I already spent a bit on Tv,Wallmount,Cables,Audio Rack,Harmony remote,warranties,ETC. Wife faction is going down hill fast hehe.
    Thanks
    Matt
    BTW this site freakin ownz!

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Check out Definitive Technologies speakers