1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice On which Laptop to Purchase Please

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Fizzpop, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Fizzpop

Fizzpop Member

Hi Guys, I am stuck on which laptop i am gonna purchase. There are 2 laptops Exactly same spec:
    512 mb DDR ram
    80Gb hard drive
    DVD RW
    and Ati radeon 9600 128mb ddr ram

The difference is one has a 15 inch uxga screen (1600x1200) and the other has a 15 inch sxga screen (1400x1050). The one with the low res has a battery life of approx 150 mins and the one with the high res has a battery life of 82 mins!! Oh yeh one more thing the high res has P4 3.2GHZ and the low res has 3.06GHZ. What is the diff between SXGA AND UXGA?? And is the res really that important?? Which one is the better choice. PLZ HELP GUYZ.
    Thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. On notebooks the res. prolly doesnt matter ALL that much
    2.When you get to the 3+ Ghz range the speed doesnt really matter any more hehe
    3. All in all i would reccommend the one with the extra battery life.. then again im a student so there is a slight bias there hehe....

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ultra XGA is basically a higher resolution requiring a higher refresh rate. On a lap top i dont see the obvious advantage when SXGA is pretty decent anyway. there are laptops available from Dell that have high speed processors and also 15.4" wide screens which are pretty cool.