1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please !

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chrisuk, Oct 26, 2003.

1. chrisuk

chrisuk Guest

Im from the UK and have recently just bought a brand new, modded xbox, and just wanted to see if wat i paid for it was about right !

Spec
    ====

Hardware
    --------

Upgraded to fast 120GB hard disk
    (Its be re-locked to play on Live)

Latest Slayer Evolution Dashboard

DVDX - Play's all DVD's without the need for the playback kit.

XBOX Media Player 2.4 - Plays DIVX, AVI, DVD, JPG, MP3 and much more from the XBOX or over your network

HDD Loader - Copy your games onto the hard disk. Very easy to use and once copied, the game shows up under the Evolution Dashboard for playing and you will not need to insert your original game again so you can keep it safely stored away. The 120 GB Disk will fit approximately 50 games on it!

Linux - Installed is a full copy of the freely distributable Linux operating system which can be loaded from the Evolution front end. This really does turn your XBOX into a PC and you can access the web, email, word process etc. Very easy to use and web browsing on a 32" wide screen TV is very nice!

XBOX File Explorer - Explorer type program for copying files to the XBOX from CD or DVD

XBOX Watch - For syncing the clock over the internet

Software
    ---------

MameX with over 1900 Arcade ROMS

DoomX - Play the classic Doom on your big screen

HLE64 Nintendo 64 Emulator with ROMS

Sega Megadrive Emulator with 950 Game ROMS

XNES - Nintendo Emulator with over 700 Game ROMS

UAEX - Amiga Emulator with over 3000 Disk Images

Stella - Atari 2600 Emulator with loads of ROMS

And i can now ""backup" my OWN games and it take about 20 mins to copy onto my xbox and i can play them right off the hard drive.

It has a 90 day warranty and i paid £250 for it, good deal or bad?

Thanks guys !

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2003
  2. chrisuk

chrisuk Guest

Oh yea, nearly 4got, there were 5 xbox games on it aswel, inc halo :)

3. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Not sure what the conversion factor is, but in the US a new modded XBox with a Chameleon chip and 120gb hard drive is around $420.
    RustyDog

4. ModNoob

ModNoob Member

On a side note..you might not want to tell everyone that you are going to rent a game and copy it...piracy is illegal...you should only "backup" your original games you purchased...
    People will get angry if they know you are a pirate

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Modnoob - good point!! I've seen countless people get banned instantly for saying such things.
    chrisuk - you might want to edit that part of your post before a mod sees it.

6. chrisuk

chrisuk Guest

So any UK based ppl - good deal or not?