1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice wanted about PC Games backup not working

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by gbroman, Mar 4, 2009.

1. gbroman

gbroman Regular member

I have backed-up two PC ROM games and they will not open on my computer.
    I used PowerIso to create the disc images of the two games and the Images were complete, exact to the byte.
    The games are Unreal Tournament 2003 ( all 3 CD's of it) and Neverwinters Night 2. Both games have a key that has to be used to install the games to computer and the key used on the Original CD's also allows for the backups of the games to be installed from the created backup CD's. I am using TDK CD-R media discs to write the ISO images to and I use ImageBurn software to write to the discs at x2 or x4 speed.

The problem is this: As I said, the created discs will load to computer and accept the key needed to gat them to install, However, once installed, either from the original or backup discs the game needs the Disc 1 ( original CD 1 it asks for) to get the game started.
    When I insert the disc 1 that I created it is not accepted as the disc requested.
    What is causing this to happen?

Do I need perhaps to use Alcohol 120% to read the Original PC ROMs and create the ISO's to make the backupsthe PC CD POM's??
    I didn't have the problem or a key to enter when I backed up Unreal Gold and a couple other PC ROM CD's nor do I have to insert the Disc (1?) into the optic drive to get them to play.

Compaq Presario PC
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.67 GHz
    FIC KM266 Mobo
    WXP Pro SP3
    Asus DRW 1814BL Multi Dual Layer Lightscribe

edit:
    I cant give anymore info that I have because really, there isn't any taht I can think of. I will check back here for any advice later in the day.
    Cheers

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. onya

onya Guest

The reason behind the request "please insert disc one" to run, is a media check or so I am lead to believe. It gets rather complicated and I don't even for an instant pretend to know why..but that is what happens apparently.

Alcohol 120% isn't always perfect but the results can be "better" than other software attempts. If you decide that 120 is for you, I would urge you to visit the website and thumb through the forums there on gaming. There is a mass of information at hand.

There is also a "games list" with all the info required to get a successful result. This app in my opinion, is worth shelling out the dollars for. Just to make a last point if I may...When a torrent is downloaded, you, me and everyone else is at the mercy of the uploader and what "they" have done with it. Just because the program wont work is not a measure of the software that you use.

Cheers.

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Google for a "NoCD" patch that's all we can tell you here.
    I hear the folks over at gamecopyworld can help you out though.