1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adware,spyware,andmaybe even a trojan

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Susiep, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Susiep

Susiep Member

Please help. I recently downloaded spyware doctor because i felt my ad-aware wasn't working properly, on the initial scan it came up with 27 infections but then it told me I had to update to the paid version for it to remove the infections. I'm quite new to computers and my computer wizz friend is away and I desperately need help. Can anyone suggest something free I can use to get rid of all these intruders on my system.

2. spertti

spertti Active member

3. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

i completely agree with ewido, but you can also try trendmicro anti-spyware, and trojan hunter. believe it or not, i found that microsoft's anti-spyware is pretty powerful and works pretty darn good, I have all these programs running and i also have webroot spysweeper and that is phenominal (all my opinion though)
    -ewido is very very good and free and is top notch, i would suggest that if you are not looking to purchase anything right now.

4. Susiep

Susiep Member

Thanks for the advice. I do have norton 2005 spy-bot, spyware blaster, ad-aware6 so I don't understand how I even got so attacked in the first place. I ended up downloading ad-aware personal again and this seems to have cleared all up. I still have some sort of problem with updating, as soon as I try to update on all of these programs my system freezes up and no updates as a result.Thanks again.this site is great.
    Still frustrated.