1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

afraid my mo board is toast?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lmac222, Jul 6, 2007.

1. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

ok went on vacation for about a week. The computer was off. Now the computer basically stays on so it appears. The blue LED lights/fans on the front and back stay on, the dvd burner, dvd rom drive both open, the only way everything shuts off is if i flip the power supply switch off. All i see is a black screen when the system is on. the PC Activity button on my modem is on, so the system is on. How can i tell if my moboard is fried? any guides or troubleshooting tests? Again i cant turn my computer off....even when holding the power button for a long time, only way i can get it to completely shut off is flipping the power supply switch in the back. Monitor is working fine as i just put my old cpu that im typing on now to post this with the monitor. All my lights are on, monitor is on, but i dont see anything.

thanks for any help.

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Try differnet components... Swap your PSU, same with mobo etc until you know what item is causing your problems.

make sure the cord is plugged into the mobo from the case.