1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After copying RE 2, burner not working

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by greg79, Jan 9, 2005.

1. greg79

greg79 Member

I recently tried to back up RE 2 and have not been able to burn anything since.

First I tried shrink and it hung up on %15. Then I downloaded super copy dvd. That was taking too long so I downloaded anydvd. I used anydvd with shrink and it didn't work. So I decided to try my patients with super dvd copy again and it worked fine to back up on my drive. I used shrink on the file that was created from super dvd copy and it made an iso image. Then I tried to burn using roxio, it didnt work. During the process I didnt get any errors but it took close to an hour to burn and the discs came out unreadable.

So I tried to burn a previously successful burned movie and that burn took about an hour and produced another unreadable disc (which I will now refer to as coaster).

So I uninstalled my roxio, anydvd and supercopy and reinstalled roxio, tried to burn and again another hour long coaster.

I bought a new burner same model (Plextor 716a)did a system restore to go to a week back, changed out the old burner to the new one using new cables.

Now I can get the burner to burn at the right speed (about 8 minuites) but I still get coasters even with the new burner.

Any contributions would be great. Thanks.

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

With all that installing and uninstalling of programs you should defrag your drive. Also check for viruses and spyware since the problem seems to have just begun.
    spybot link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Are you using good media?
    Are you using your computer or have programs running while you are backing up you dvd's?
    Try using DVD Decrypter instead of Roxio.
    Try burning at slower speeds.