1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After factory restore, my d partition is not showing when I right click and go to send to in windows vista

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by compman72, Nov 11, 2012.

1. compman72

compman72 Member

I have an acer aspire 5610z running vista and before the restore when I right clicked and went to send to I could send things to the d partition. It is showing in disk management and in my computer. You can open it in my computer as well as cut and paste things to it and pull them back off of it so I know the partition is working, I just cannot get it to show to send things to off of the right click. I have done all the updates on the computer and everyting else is working the same. I have used this site in the past with very good results, I hope that I can get this issue resolved, thanks in advance for your time.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try this:

In My Computer, right click on the drive and create a shortcut (it appears on the Desktop).
    Right click on the shortcut and 'Cut'.

Click Start and type shell:sendto

That gets you to the SendTo folder.
    Paste the shortcut to the drive.

3. compman72

compman72 Member

That Worked, thanks