1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After format PC dvd burner wont burn faster then 1.2x

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ripper357, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Each to his own, I'm staying away. But I will say a lot of the people having problems are not newbies to PC's, so operator error wouldn't be a factor there. And most people probably don't have the amt. of DVD software i do, so they may be unaffected also.

Microsoft themselves have stated it has bugs to be worked out, and they are releasing an updated version, and they even have a blocker to keep it off your PC. I don't believe all these horror stories are made up.

But you are right, everyone has their own opinion, and my security is just fine, and I don't appreciate Microsoft trying to force this on me if I don't want it, which they did, by downloading it on my PC and trying to install it even when I had auto updates turned off,and I definitely don't want it or need it.

Soooo, I'm still a big two thumbs down on SP2 :>)

2. ripper357

ripper357 Member

I reformatted and didnt install the SP2 and burns like it did. Thanks Bigorange, SP2 is from hell........

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Your welcome, glad you got it going.

I would remind you to keep an eye out, as I stated before it will try to D/L and install itself. I just check once a week for any OS updates and then install the ones I need and keep my auto updates turned off :>)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  4. ripper357

ripper357 Member

It did it again this time I reformatted and installed the chipset and burns at 12x but takes 60 min to burn a dvd. Is there a way I can unistall the chipset?