1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afterdawn Classifieds?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by newb_11, Nov 27, 2007.

1. newb_11

newb_11 Member

Hello,

I had no idea where to post this. Anyone know if afterdawn has its own classifieds? I just got done posting an ad on a site and didn't really like it all that much. This site is set up so nice and gets a lot of trafic. Im not sure if a classified section would work here but posting here is a joy compared to some other places.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  2. newb_11

newb_11 Member

3. newb_11

newb_11 Member

Anyone need one of those?

4. newb_11

newb_11 Member

5. newb_11

newb_11 Member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  6. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

I recommend you re-read the rules.

It's against the rules to advertise here without permission.

Press the link at the top where it says "Advertise here" and read on instructions on how to advertise here at AD.

7. newb_11

newb_11 Member

Hey,

I removed my mention of a website and my link to my ad which I had posted. I wasn't really trying to advertise here. I was looking for ideas of where I could. I was also doing some trial and error here working on my photobucket links & trying to get them to work. I forgot to use lowercase img's. Anyways, my posts here looked nothing like the ad's I posted on other sites which allow it. I did break the rules, so I removed what should not have been posted.

Afterdawn is one of the best places on the net for info, ideas, troubleshooting and meeting good people. My bad if I upset anyone.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check with your local newspaper. teach & learn

9. gruven98

gruven98 Member

I'm just wondering why there isn't a classifieds section? I'm sure that there are folks on here that have spare parts, computer stuff, mp3 players, consoles, games, movies, etc that they would like to get rid of. Is there a reason that there isn't a classifieds section? Just curious...

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

There are too many children and stupid people, spread all across the world, that inhabit these forums and would eventually rip people off. Afterdawn doesn't need the drama--that's what a specifically designed system, like eBay, is for.

11. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

With classifieds, the problem is that we'd get thousands of support emails a week whining about "the user XX ripped me off". Damn, we already get tens of emails a week telling us that "I purchased this software XXX from you and I still haven't received my license key" -- wtf, we don't sell anything other than ad space :p

But ye, in theory, the idea is nice, but can't stand the idea of it filling up our inboxes with user complains. And I know for sure that then we'd have some people spreading stuff like "aD sucks, never go there, they rip you off!" on net, forums, etc -- simply because they were dumb enough not to understand that we simply set up a room for users to trade stuff.

Only thing that somehow relates to classifieds is that we've been planning to open a dedicated forum room for small mom&pop stores where they could purchase a right to post one advertisement message for some small fee (banner campaigns are simply too complex for micro-sized companies). This could obviously be used by individuals willing to promote, say, they eBay listings, etc too.