1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afterdawn For Sell

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Glitched, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Glitched

Glitched Guest

I think Afterdawn should have there own line of merchandise from pencils to clothes. I think that way Afterdawn can make more money an get rid of the annoying pop ups.

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Not enough people know about Afterdawn for a clothing line to be invented. Afterdawn is popular yes but I wouldn't bank on seeing an AfterDawn t-shirt in a clothes shop. It would cost AfterDawn money to make the merchandise in the first place and then they would have to sell enough to break even before thinking about making a profit. Plus you have to take into account other costs such as materials needed.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  3. philipman

philipman Regular member

They have t-shirts it says here

Send us your guides!
    If you've made a digital audio or video -related easy-to-follow guide and would like to share it with our users, feel free to do so!

For all the best guides, we'll give a free, official AfterDawn.com T-shirt!

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Yep, there sure are T-shirts, i have 1.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

where's mine :)

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We printed couple of hundred T-shirts two years ago and have handed them out to people whose guides we've published and also sold the shirts to our Finnish users. We havent sold them to international users, as the cost of shipping and in some cases (wrong size..) handling returns would be simply silly and the shirts would have to cost somewhere between $40 and $50 each to cover the shipping costs, etc.

Anyway, the ones we printed, are almost sold out, only small sizes left (ye, being country of vikings, all XXL, XL and L are sold out, while S and M are still avail..). We stopped selling the shirts totally about a year ago and have used our reserves to send them out to people whose guides we have published.

We have planned to see whether there would be enough demand for the shirts to be sold internationally and we might set up somekinda pre-order system next year and see if there's enough demand to print another lot of maybe 1,000 shirts or so based on pre-orders. But the cost would be still at least $30-50 per shirt, again, due shipping costs.

And regarding the popunders: http://my.afterdawn.com/drd/blog_entry.cfm/16

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I'd pay $30 for another AD shirt. I think they're great.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

Drd heres a good idea,set up a afterdawn 2006 calendar with all 12 months on one page.all can download..for now.. Since a t-shirt Cost to much to mail.

and later on ye can have one made up with a month to a page with afterdawn pictures..

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I'd buy one too plus I can even buy a small! Heck might even one get for my daughter.

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I'd love an Afterdawn shirt/t-shirt. I would gladly pay 50-60 dollars for one. Not many people know about Afterdawn, rather an exclusive club. Nice to have something different!

11. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Same I would love to have Afterdawn T-shirt, I wanted to get the free one from the guide thingy but it was to hard so I quit

12. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

me want one too :)
    grovel...grovel...i'll clean your shoes for a year

13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I want a T-shirt. And a hat, sweatshirt, socks, hankerchief, a beanie, a flag, and last but not least a bumper sticker. That would be sweet!!!

Of course all with the aD logo ;)

14. gamename

gamename Regular member

fire up the silk screen. i have a friend that does t-shirts for ball teams. however he will not do it without written permision. he got sued a few years back for doing big johnson t-shirts. so all we have to do is get drd to sign on the dotted line.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  15. Glitched

Glitched Guest

I think there are enough hard core users on afterdawn to own a afterdawn store......I love the bumber sticker idea Flip218

16. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i was thinking an afterdawn store with your onw t-shirts and other clothing plus you could set up a workshop and mod xboxes and ps2's.fix computers and build computers and sell them.plus even make webpages for people.

17. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Whoa there buddy slow down ,for all that you said would take more than 20 lightyears if you know what I mean

18. ireland

ireland Active member

i would read this

New copyright law approaches -- content to be removed [26 December 2005 | 7 comments]
    As some of you might remember, Finnish Parliament approved a new copyright legislation in October, 2005 and that new legislation will come into force on 1st of January, 2006. As AfterDawn Ltd is a company based in Finland, we have to play along with the new law, however.. [ more ]
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7179.cfm

19. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I would buy one ill take a medium as im not sure wheather the small would fit?? im 14 so the M would ok just to be sure :)

How would we go about paying for these paypal im guessing :(

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@ Ireland: Thanks for mentioning that new law and for posting the link as to how it will change some things at aD. It should be made more prominent somewhere; it's important for all concerned. Thanks for posting that!

***Just noticed the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2005