1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

afterdawn forums

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by dawn42330, Apr 3, 2005.

1. dawn42330

dawn42330 Guest

This place is great! Yes, I'm a very new newbie. Just checking out all the info you guys have here. It's wonderful. Already have found many things to help me out with my [bold]wonderful[bold]DVD X-Copy. Keep up the good work and I'll be back!!!

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Uhh.. Well ok.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

thanks for the appreciation. next time post something like this in the safety valve or feedback section.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I for one cannot understand pple who love out-dated, unsupported, average quality-producing (at best) backup programs so much they'll embarass themselves by shouting it from the highest peaks.

Doesn't anybody wish a quality picture anymore ?

(Wandering off, staring at the floor shaking my head in dis-belief)

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah, I would replace the adjective "wonderful" with something more like "crappy" or "waste of money" when something like DVD Shrink is free and does a much better job, but hey, at least he's saying thanks...

6. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

UH, excuse me but uh, I have both xcopy, and shrink and decrypter. I too like shrink/decrypter better but their are a few movies that shrink refuses to analize or decode. But I can open 321 copy and it goes right through it. So having it as a back up is nice. Oh by the way no response yet...http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/177148

7. dawn42330

dawn42330 Guest

uhh.. I was being sarcastic about the "wonderful" part, but I do agree on it being a good back up source. I'm reading on the dvd shrink now. Thanks for all the posts!

8. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I am too without this forum I too would be stuck with just dvdxcopy thank god I am not cheers to all ---Zen-->

9. limelight

limelight Regular member

dvdxcopy is a pile of crap. what a worhtless piece of sh!t. there i said it for everybody. and yes, it totally true.

10. vans12

vans12 Regular member

yea AD is great I love it. My favorite site.

11. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I am not trying to stir contraversy, but I just don't see what is so wrong with it? What problems have you guys had with it that you totaly dispise it, I just think some of us just want to sound off..... no? Read our own dialog. I think some of you guy's don't even have it, or ever used it before. Am I rambling? ---zen--->

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Pretty much, . . . . yep

BUT you're new so it's OK.

I would venture to say we all have it. I bought it . . . way back when they first came out with it. I bought mine for $59.99. A week later it was $69.99 then it went to the $99.99 level. It was just XCopy then, 6 months or so later they came out with XCopy Xpress and I got free upgrades for a while until they got so big they could sell all kinds of different packages.

The bottom line is, . . . it was such a poor program, one had to configure your PC, just so, in order for it to work. THEN we discovered DVD Shrink for FREE.

The quality was the same then (Shrink is much superior now with the quality enhancements) but Shrink would get along with every program unlike XCopy. Yes, we all had it BUT its day is long gone. Encryptions have made it necessary to add AnyDVD to the mix in order for it to work. It is now being sold:'as is". There are no "fix's", no company support, no nothing, except pple selling an old, discontinued, unsupported program for $100.00 PLUS, which still requires an additional $40.00, for AnyDVD in order to operate. Just to rub that salt in the wound once again, it takes 3-clicks to backup a DVD with Shrink and 4-clicks with XCopy and Shrink's quality is better. Yes, quality takes longer but it's better. Now we have all these Newbies coming in, complaining that their XCopy doesn't work right and, they're pissed because we can't make it better. They were ripped off. The children of today don't like being taken advantage of so, they get mad at others and cry in the corner because they feel foolish.

XCopy took us all BUT we of the past at least were smart enough to purchase it when the company was still in business. There are many companies who sell XCopy for less but tell the truth with a disclaimer. The companies who charge full price offer only a forum type support and can do nothing at all with, to or for the product. There aught to be a law.

That's ScubaPete's 2-cents -

13. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Well, I let my friend buy it then I just barrowed it so I was out no money LOL. Why may I ask is their a seperate foum here on AD for that? When you talk about any other software on that forum they put a stop to it right away? Just curious. Any how when I first installed it (dvdxcopy) I too had problems with it. Had to get an update for it. I am really glad it happened that wasy for when I googled dvdxcopy I found a little forum called afterdawn so alls well that ends well, eh? ---zen--->