1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afterdawn is slower than a snowman melting!!

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Oriphus, Aug 17, 2003.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Bit more tweaking to the code has been added, which should speed up significantly loading up LOOOONG threads (and therefor also speed up the whole site as processing such pages should take less resources from the server).

Code optimization continues, I damn well try to get one P4 box to run over 5M page imps a month without choking ;-)

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thank you. I havent been having any problems today at all :D

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Have their been issues as of late? Becuase I'm browsing around on a T3 here and its taking 30secs+ to load each page... or is that normal? (honest question because ive had everything from 0.001KB/s to 4000KB/s in the last two weeks i cant tell anything anymore).

4. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

It's been the same for me everywhere -- AfterDawn and elsewhere. Usually the first page takes anything from 5 to 20 seconds to open, but subsequent pageloads are much faster (<5 seconds). Still they're often much too slow.

I don't really know where to put the blame. At least at aD neither the network load nor the CPU load should be a significant factor.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im noticing it too, but its not isolated to afterdawn cuz ebay etc... are running slow also.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

There we go... whatever happened.... its better now :D

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Debug data for the thread I'm replying now:

Execution Time

75 milliseconds

...so, shouldnt take that long :) But it actually seems that ad server seems to choke every now and then a bit and cause some weird loading issues, I'll start monitoring it more closely.