1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afterdawn Toolbar

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by F4HAD, May 31, 2008.

1. F4HAD

F4HAD Guest

Hey, wouldnt it be a great idea to have a Afterdawn toolbar for internet explorer, and firefox
    I think it would be great, and if there were one, it would be a cool idea to have some iplayers in it, and an rss function

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no thankyou as i don't like toolbars as they take up viewable space off your monitor!!

3. F4HAD

F4HAD Guest

lol, maybe it could have a hide function then, or something similar, like the windows toolbar.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hope you're going to behave this time around -

F4HAD (account created on 31 May, 2008) has used same IP address as f17khn (banned on 15 May, 2008)

edit- in answer to the actual post, i'm with ddp, i don't want extra clutter in my toolbars, plus i bought bigger monitors to get more content on my screens, not toolbars etc

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  5. varnull

varnull Guest

no from me as well.. I consider most toolbars and addon buttons to be little more than malware.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2008
  6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

I know where pretty much everything is and navigate there with my eyes closed and all but the extremely talented hair on my left leg bound to a chair. No need for a toolbar, IMHO, especially as they are usually a conglomeration of poorly performing code that never performs as well as standard alternatives.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Toolbars are horrible. Besides, if you're using FireFox, you can add a "quick search" for the forum and the site in the top right hand corner.

8. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I preety much agree with this statment its is more of a visual virus in my book and we do not need it. I think we have a toolbar of sorts already seeing how AfterDawn already has changed their search engine using google is fine already and does not need to add more to it. If it is we based i dont mind because its Afterdawn website, but if its something i have to add extra it will be a no go zone in my book.

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

No toolbars for me either...bare minimum is good IMHO.

10. varnull

varnull Guest

If I was required to add something to my already pretty buggy cobbled together firefox I think you know what the answer would be... I'm running out of fingers as it is.

How many others look like this, stripped of all annoyances and flashing things which slow page loading?

[​IMG]

That's how I like my internet... plain and quiet.

By iplayers do you mean those drm filled things which demand media player10 and other M$ junk, or keep the page loading forever while whining about an unavailable plugin all the time? The entire world doesn't run M$ junk y'know!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
  11. F4HAD

F4HAD Guest

wow, it looks like a lot of people are against toolbars, hey, have you guys seen a toolbars like this before:
    [​IMG]

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

No, and nor do i nor any other sensible human beings. That is a perfect example of how pointless toolbars are. In fact they rate as much in the pointlessness stakes as myspace, facebook etc etc etc.

13. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I'm with the regulars too.

Nope. Zero interest.

14. OneMember

OneMember Active member

[​IMG]

I will keep my answer short:
    NO

15. varnull

varnull Guest

/me hunts for the creakster on myspace, facebook, bebo, zorpia.. and all the rest of those waste of bandwidth sites ;)

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Plus all the malaware added as well is he really wanting us to add more tool bars all he will have is a screen full of toolbars he he he

17. Crab56

Crab56 Regular member

umm, let me think about it for a second.NO

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Erm, thanks?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008