1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahead Nero Recode?????

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by shakim, Nov 19, 2004.

1. shakim

shakim Regular member

I read in other threads that Ahead Nero Recode 2 is the best in terms of picture quality for burning DVD9-DVD4. I have nero Ultra Edition 6. Does that have that in it? I couldn't find it on Nero's site. Where do I get Recode 2 from? Thanx

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Your edition should have it. Look in your programs menu under nero then nero vision express the icon should be there for it. If you cant find it there look in c:\program files\Ahead\nero recode
    If it isnt there you dont have it loaded. If you have Nero ultra edition you can just download the update which is I belive update2 Nero Vision Express this will have Recode in it.
    I can't really tell any difference using Recode or DVD Shrink though when it comes to the quality. I guess it would depend on whether you are copying Just the movie or all the menus and subtitles and ect... Then recode will do a better job, but I just copy the main movie with 5.1 sound so it dosen't usually shrink the movie to much if at all. DVD Shrink just works faster for me and no difference in picture quality.. the choice is yours to make. I would tell everyone to try everything and see what you prefer as this is really all that counts in the long run for you...
    Good Luck :)

3. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

Nero Recode 2 is great for DVD to CD movie backups. In my opinion, it is faster (1 hour or so versus 3 to 4 hours) and does a better job (with having to tweak several things) at compressing a DVD movie down to under 700MB. Great for playing movies on computers with no DVD-ROM drive.
    As far as DVD to DVD, I'd have to agree with bbamyo.

PS: almost forgot, I do use DIVX because currently, there isn't a stand alone DVD player (home or portable) that supports Nero Digital. Being able to put 7 2+ hour movies onto 1 DVD-R is great, is just takes some tweaking (which I don't like) and a whole lot of time.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004